Hi there everyone!! Unfortunately we didn't have a very good start to the weekend. Max started coming down with another cold on Friday night which then turned into severe vomiting from 1am Saturday morning till around 3.30pm when he finally fell asleep. He's so exhausted but thank goodness he's no longer feeling nauseous. The horrible part is that we had the school Gala on Saturday and he was to perform with the Maori Kapa Haka school group. He missed everything and was very upset. Dave took Phoebe though and she managed to win him some chocolate, so that made him feel a bit better and gave him something to look forward too Its his 11th birthday on Monday so fingers crossed he is better by then!!
So, without further ado here is the theme for this month at The Flower Challenge is:
That's right, its 'Clean and Simple', which makes me extremely happy as I love a good, clean card. There are many ideas about what makes a 'CAS' design. For me its about a central focus point surrounded by lots of clean space, and not layer up on layer of cardstock and embellishments. I can't wait to see your interpretation of CAS!!
I was desperate to use a floral stamp set I purchased a while ago and hadn't used, so couldn't wait to get it all inky:
I'll be honest, I was so happy with this design when I photographed it and linked it up to the challenge post. However, the more and more I thought about it, the more I decided I had really pushed the 'CAS' design of this card. Unfortunately I was too late to create another card but totally understand if you don't agree that its 100% CAS.
I started by stamping the flower and leaves from Altenew 'Build-a-Flower: Anemone' using Altenew cube inks. I then fussy cut them out and put them to the side. I was going to create a Distress Ink background but felt like some 'out of control' ink smooshing for a change. So I grabbed Distress Ink 'Mowed Lawn' and a stamp block. I spread the ink on the block, sprayed it with water and then pressed it down on the card front. To get the coverage and different gradients of ink colour I did it a few times.
Once the card had dried I adhered the leaves in place and then the flower on some foam tape for dimension. The sentiment (from the same stamp set) was stamped on the card front and some co-ordinating sequins added for shine from Neat and Tangled. I also added some Wink of Stella to the middle of the flower and along the veins of the leaves for extra sparkle.
You have until Saturday 25th November to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and if your trying to get your head around 'Clean and Simple', pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Your sure to get inspired!! I can't wait to see what you come up with and I'll be back on the 15th with a very CAS card for you!