Friday 17 November 2017

AAA Card Challenge # 103

Its finally Friday afternoon....yippee!! I'm so ready for the weekend as its been a very busy week gardening. Spring weather is fabulous but boy do the weeds and hedges enjoy it a bit too much, spent today trimming huge hedges for 5.5 hrs!! Was a lovely hot day though so I can't complain.





The current theme at the AAA Card Challenge is 'Celebrate'. I managed to squeeze in some card time this week and play around again with the my new Neat and Tangled 'Falling Circles Cover Plate', using it slightly differently again:


Its not very often I make more than one card at a time but I had all my paint chips out so I couldn't help myself!!


These cards were definitely time consuming but I'm really happy with the final result!

Firstly I grabbed some big square paint chips in two tones of blue and pink and die-cut them with the cover plate. I also cut two panels of white and black CS and die-cut them with the cover plate as well. I put the two paint chips together with one slightly higher. I then did the same with the white panel and then the black panel, using double-sided tape to keep them together. I then finished them off with a panel of black CS behind. This was then adhered to the card front.

Next I die-cut the Neat and Tangled 'Celebrate' die from a similar blue and pink paint chip and the back part of the die in white CS. These were glued together and then put on foam tape. I stamped sentiments from Neat and Tangled 'Say yes to Donuts' on strips of white CS, popped on foam tape and also glued on some Neat and Tangled sequins to co-ordinate.


Love the hint of colours with the circles and the black on top really pops against the white!

Dave will be home from work soon so I better prepare myself to take Bella for a walk. Since its Friday we will probably have pizza for tea. I so don't have the energy to whip up a meal, so I'm very grateful to Pizza Hut!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

5 comments:

  1. So much fun....two simply fabulous and and festive cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear...hope this tedious work didn't take too much out of you. Don't get me wrong...the result is SOOOOO worth it. Both these cards are fabulous. Your patience and diligence really paid off BIG TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an effective and eye catching way to use that cover plate. Great twosome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool, Shona. I love this design. Thanks for joining at AAA Cards Cards Clean and Simple Celebrate Game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever and beautiful! Worth the extra time :) Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete