Thursday 8 January 2015

Time Out Challenge # 22

I can't believe its our first TIME OUT challenge for 2015!! I'm so excited for another year of amazing fortnightly challenges and to see how your all inspired to get creative.

This first challenge is even more fabulous because we are having a combined challenge with Uniko Studio. The owner of Uniko is Bev, who is also on the TIME OUT Design Team. She is very generously offering two $15 gift vouchers. One is for a random draw from the challenge entries and the other can be won from comments left on the Uniko blog. Very wonderful indeed!!! 

We also have a Guest Designer for this challenge, Chrissie from Simply One of a Kind. 

I really encourage you to visit Chrissie's blog, her designs are really quite amazing and she does incredible things with die-cuts. Looking forward to seeing what she comes up with for this challenge.



This is the brilliant inspiration photo for this fortnights challenge. The red 'hello' jumped out at me straight away and I knew I had to incorporate that somehow into my design. And all those yummy bright cushions on the couch....yum:



This was the perfect chance to use my new 'hello' die from my friend Sarah (thankyou!!). I die cut the word 3 times and stuck them all together to give it some height. The wood grain paper was cut with a speech-bubble die but I didn't like the bubble tail so I cut it off. The strip of patterned paper was adhered directly to the card front, with the wood paper popped up on foam tape and the word glued to the front. How I love my new word die!!!!

The 'hello' die is from Clearly Besotted. The wood grain paper is from My Minds Eye - Cut and Paste 'Adorbs' and the patterned paper from Chickaniddy Crafts 'Jolly Good'. The enamel dots are from Papervine.

You have two weeks to enter this challenge and if you need any inspiration, please visit the TIME OUT and Uniko Studio blog's to see the gorgeous creations from the two Design Teams. I'm so looking forward to seeing your designs and hope to see any new crafty products in use that you got from Santa!!!

Take care
Shona

16 comments:

  1. My fav bit of this card is the touch of patterened paper behind the woodgrain, it providea a lovely contrast x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun and CAS shona loving that little peep of dp behind the gorgeous wood panel.
    I love that yummy word die too! Snap!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and CAS shona loving that little peep of dp behind the gorgeous wood panel.
    I love that yummy word die too! Snap!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever interpretation and beautiful thought behind this creation! Love the selected PP behind the wooden panel, a perfect match with a bright word hello! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the bold panal and the delicate stripe; it is a beautiful combo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your style and this card is FABulous :) Perfect interpretation of the inspiration photo. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the touch of patterned paper. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the inspiration picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the wood panel you've made with those pretty circles running behind! Lovely take on the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yogis is gorgeous shona, love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card - loving the hello die :) The strip of patterned paper behind the woodgrain panel adds a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, the patterned paper behind the wood panel is so cool !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous, Shona ... love how you have the lovely cushion-inspired DP running along behind the wood panel ... it's sooo pretty and a wonderful contrast to the neutral woodgrain! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! This is gorgeous! LOVE your CAS style. I love everything about this card! GREAT work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Shona...I love your beautiful and bright red hello! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the wood paper you chose! It's so pretty! And great word die too!

    ReplyDelete