Sunday 25 January 2015

Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge # 40

I'm starting to look like a prune...or maybe a sultana. It has been such a hot, dry summer that even though I have been covering myself in sunblock, my skin is so brown and dry. Thinking of investing in a bathtub full of moisturiser before I start looking like I have snakeskin!!! It has been the best summer ever, so I shouldn't complain but I'm starting to worry I will end up looking like that old woman in the movie Something About Mary (if you've seen the movie, you know who I mean.....).


I just missed out on playing Cure for the Monday Blues last week so had to make sure I was organised this week. I have really come to love the peachy colours around these days (and mint), so the big circle on the wall grabbed me straight away. I pulled out one of my favourite 6x6 pads and off I went:


I started by die-cutting the peachy paper into a circle. I then cut a strip of yellow patterned paper (which is very much like the chair fabric) and some mint paper. These were adhered to the card front and I popped the circle up on foam tape The 'love' die was cut with gold CS and then two of white CS and all stuck together. This was glued directly to the circle, along with some enamel dots and a small piece of white CS with the sentiment stamp.

The peach and mint papers are from Dear Lizzy 'Polka Dot Party' and the yellow paper from Echo Park 'Sweet Girl'. The 'love' die is from Paper Smooches and sentiment stamp from Hero Arts 'Year Round Sentiments'. The enamel dots are from MME 'Just Sayin'.

Since I seem to be creating yet another lovey-dovey card, I will link this to the Uniko Studio Challenge # 17 where the theme is 'Love and Friendship'. This is my millionth entry.......

We are into the last week of the school holidays. Need the kids to try on their uniforms tomorrow as I have a feeling they have both outgrown them. The uniforms are so expensive, might have to send them to school in their PJ's until I can afford new ones. And I need to pay $150 for their stationary and other bits and pieces on Tuesday. And Phoebe is going on camp in March which is costing around $220. So much for free public education..........might have to think about selling a kidney.......

Take care
Shona

8 comments:

  1. How FUN! Love how you were inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, crisp and gorgeous Shona
    thanks so much for playing along at Uniko Studio again.
    Much appreciated
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty, Shona ... the colours are just dellicious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your choice of colours and patterns, and that gold 'love'! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues! Glad you got organised! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful clean card. My secondary school went back today- holidays truly over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love this, your mix of patterned papers and layout has still kept it a CAS beauty :) Thanks for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those colours look so gorguos together! Love the big round in your design! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE that gold "love" sentiment. What an awesome card. Thanks for playing along in the Uniko Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete