Thursday 10 March 2016

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 51

Hi everybody and welcome to the halfway point for our current TIME OUT  challenge. This challenge also celebrates our 2nd birthday, so thank you to everyone who has joined us so far, the Gallery looks beautiful!!

The theme for this challenge is:


               SPRING and/or EASTER with optional twist of Masking


We even have some prizes for this challenge. The winner of this challenge will receive a $20 gift voucher from Stamplorations and a random winner will be picked from those that 'Twist' with us (use masking on their card) and they will receive 2 standard size ARTploration Stencils. So there's lots to play for this time round!!



As I did ALOT of masking on my first card, I decided to do something different this time around. I was surprised when I finished how much it was like my first design in colour:
 


Black, yellow and white again?? Who knew my brain would automatically refer to this palette when thinking of Spring!!

I was very excited the other day to find some water colour CS that was nearly white and smooth, so of course I had to take it for a test ride!! I started off by stamping the rabbits (from Waffle Flower 'Welcome Spring') in random spots over the panel. I then did some water colouring using Distress Ink 'Mustard Seed' trying not to get any yellow on the rabbits themselves (which was quite hard as I'm such a messy crafter....). I dried the panel with my heat gun and applied to a card base.

For the sentiment I die-cut the circle (from Waffle Flower 'Flower Circles Die Set') from some more water colour CS (I tried using my usual CS but it was too brilliant white). I stamped the sentiment (from the same Waffle Flower stamp set) but thought it didn't quite look right on the card. So I used my mini-blending tool and the same Distress Ink just to add a bit of yellow around the edge. It made such a difference so I popped it up on foam tape, along with some clear and yellow sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I have two challenges I would like to enter:

Stamplorations - March CAS Challenge 


Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge (Make your own Background)




You have until next Wednesday to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. The rest of the Design Team have some gorgeous projects on the blog for you to get your creative juices flowing and I can't wait to see what you come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

 

15 comments:

  1. super fun bunny card! Love all the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how did you manage not to get any yellow on the bunnies! That is very clever work! Love this fun card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card...love bunnies are as sweet as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bunny love in black, yellow &white. Perfect. Have no idea how you managed to avoid those rabbits when you did the background. You must be magic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bunny love in black, yellow &white. Perfect. Have no idea how you managed to avoid those rabbits when you did the background. You must be magic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE THIS CARD, SHONA!!! wHAT A BUNNY - GORGEOUS COLORS!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hopping bunnies are so cute, Shona! I think, the chick yellow is definitely a spring color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your super cute little bunnies, Shona!!!! Such a sweet and cheerful little card!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fun card; you can only get a good feeling of this one! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute!! Great idea to watercolor the bg, those bunnies really pop! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card, love the yellow with the cute white bunnies. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet bunch of frolicking bunnies, Shona ... and fabulous watercolouring around them ... so fun! I also went with yellow and white again ... such a lovely colour combo ... and the perfect Easter colours! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is ADORABLE!!! I love it! :)
    Your ATSM teamie,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute design .... I'm loving the yellow! Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations challenge xx

    ReplyDelete