Friday 18 March 2016

Just Add Ink Challenge # 303

Hello everyone and welcome to a new challenge at Just Add Ink!  We have a rather interesting challenge theme for you this week:


                                                        JUST ADD 'E'


This means you can add something beginning with the letter 'E' to your card or base your card around something starting with 'E' or maybe just use a colour starting with 'E'. Its totally up to you!!

I actually got a little stuck on this one. I don't own any Easter sentiments and even though I do have an elephant I've only just used it recently so didn't want to do that again. So I came up with something really odd:
 

Eyeglasses!!! Bet you never guessed that one! Lol!!

Yes, eyeglasses was my weird but kind of cute idea. I had never used the glasses stamp before so thought it was about time it was inked up and taken for a spin!

I stamped the three critters on some white CS, coloured them with pencils and then fussy cut them out. I then added some Glossy Accents to the lenses but its hard to see that in this photo. I die-cut the frame twice from white CS, glued together and then popped it up on some foam tape. I then put the critters on some foam tape too. The sentiments were stamped in black and I added some deep pink and clear sequins for a bit of sparkle.

The frame is from Pretty Pink Posh, as well as the clear sequins and the critters (from stamp set 'Holiday Pals'). The sentiments are from Concord and 9th 'Love you. Mean it' and the sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Cute and Cuddly'.

 
You have until next Wednesday March 23rd to link your projects to the Just Add Ink blog. And if you need any help thinking of an 'E' inspired project, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created, you will love what they have made. Hope to see you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
  

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your awesome card ! SO cute ! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, you'll win this on the basis of innovation alone. Plus. It's just plain adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, you'll win this on the basis of innovation alone. Plus. It's just plain adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a brilliant idea! Love you card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona...sweet card! Love all your wonderful critters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HeeHeeHee I would have never guessed!! Such sweet images :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my, this is sooooooo cute and clever, Shona!!! Love it!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little cuties are so adoreable - how cute are their glasses too! Such a fabulous and clever card Shona!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha...You've had me going all week Shona, for the life of me l could not figure it out. l was sure it was there..but couldn't see for looking...Maybe l need "Eye glasses" lol. Very creative and clever of you..:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, they are amazing ! Such fun animals !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet and so fun, Shona ... those little bespectacled critters are so cute! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete