Monday 14 March 2016

Muse Challenge # 156

I haven't had much time in the last few months to join the girls for the Muse Challenge  but with staying with my Mum over the weekend I was able to create for a few more challenges than normal!! Yay!



Michele was the glorious Muse for this weeks challenge and I fell in love with her card straight away! All that gorgeous, lush green against the crisp white took my breath away. I knew my card wouldn't compare but I wanted to try out this cool design of hers:


I'm needing a lot of cards to send to sweet friends at the moment, so this was a great chance to add to the collection!!

I masked off the bottom half of the card with washi tape and used my mini-blending tool and some 'Picked Raspberry' Distress Ink to create the coloured area. I then grabbed Hero Arts Shadow Ink 'Bubble Gum' and stamped the two different sized flowers from Winnie and Walter 'In Bloom: Lola's Bouquet with Joni Andaya. 

I removed the washi tape and die-cut the Winnie and Walter 'Friend' die across the line and added a panel to the back of the card to give the word somewhere to be glued too. I die-cut the word 2x more from white CS, glued them all together and then placed back in the die-cut negative. I then stamped the sentiment (using 'my' from W&W 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy' and the 'thank you' from W&W 'The Big, the Bold and You') in black and added some clear and pink sequins from Pretty Pink Posh for some sparkle.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Work it Wednesday February Challenge where their theme is 'Floral'.


I have hundreds of emails sitting in my Inbox from being away over the weekend that need sorting but my bed is looking really good. Just realised The Walking Dead is on right now so that might keep me awake a bit longer.......

Take care
Shona
 





 

8 comments:

  1. Shona you stacked the deck a bit by using Lola's bouquet - LOve the pink, and think your 'friend' whoever she might be, will love it, too!!
    So happy to see you in the Muse gallery again ... thank YOU!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty in pink! Love every perfect detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the monochromatic pink panel--beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drop dead gorgeousness. So feminine & girly. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drop dead gorgeousness. So feminine & girly. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous. Love that you used pink. It's so pretty. I don't know why I did not think to stamp, but your stamping is fantastic. This is a gorgeous card that any friend would be so happy to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, such lovely prettiness, Shona ... crisp and fresh and so wonderfully feminine! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete