Friday 22 May 2015

The Gossip Column with Taheerah Atchia No. 2 - Geometrics (Take 3)

No posts for nearly a week and suddenly three in one day??? That's me, all or nothing (as my husband would say....). I'm just so excited that I've finally made some cards and this one in particular I'm super happy with!!

This is my third entry in the Winnie and Walter - The Gossip Column with Taheerah Atchia No. 2. I have a few more designs up my sleeve, so will see how I go over the weekend. The challenge ends on Monday, so still plenty of time for you to enter as well.

When I was playing with my stamps the other night, this is the first design I came up with. I really wanted to try overlapping my new Hero Arts Mid-Tone Shadow Inks to see how they worked. Turns out, they work pretty well:


I would so love this as a print on my wall!! I've always wanted to attempt a design like this but its never worked out. Maybe now I have these inks I might be able to do some more....

I used triangle stamps from Altenew 'Simple Shapes' and 'Sohcahtoa', starting with the pink triangles first and layering from there. It was going to be a one layer card but I wanted the design to pop more, so I cut it out and adhered it to a piece of black CS to give it a slight frame. I used some washi to gently stick the design in place and stamped the sentiment (from Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy') on either side. I then put the design on some foam tape. Love this so much!!!

Will link this to the AAA Card Challenge # 39 1st Birthday Extravaganza:


And will also enter the Little Tangles Challenge # 56  where their theme is:

I'm gradually feeling my mojo returning and hopefully after the weekend I will be back to having cards coming out of my ears (so to speak...), fingers crossed!

Take care
Shona
 

 

11 comments:

  1. Striking, fun and fabulous Shona. Love your colour choices and how the images overlap.
    Great CAS card and thanks for playing along at AAA Cards. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab modern cas card. Love your design. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That is such a clever design Shona! I know just how difficult geometrics are!! A wonderful CAS design! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous design, perfectly stamped! It definitely looks like your mojo is making a very welcome comeback :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is nice!!! So glad you were able to play along at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool and pretty at the same time, Shona ... and so perfectly executed! Good to hear you're on the mend at last! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its so cool! And that's a beautiful design - even I would like something like that on my wall! :)
    (from ExperimentsWithCardMakingetc.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous and fun little card...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shona, your design is a work of art, and yes, something like that, as home decor, would be fantastic! Geometric and gorgeous! Love the colours...along the lines of what I would consider 'tribal' art...or maybe Santa Fe...Whatever the case, I love it!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my favourite of your entries I think! That geometric pattern is so bold and eye-catching, love it! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love this CAS card, Shona. Great job. Thanks for playing along at the Little Tangles Challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete