Sunday 10 May 2015

CASology Challenge Week # 145

I can hear Dave and Phoebe telling Max all about the latest 'Dumb and Dumber' movie. They watched it last night and you could hear them laughing down the street. Its not my kind of movie, it's too cringe-worthy for me but nice that a bit of 'Father/daughter' bonding was going on.


Aren't the possibilities just infinite for this weeks CASology challenge. I have a stamp set that I haven't used yet that has fantastic geometric shapes, so thought I would give it a go:



Haven't done a one-layer card for a while and wanted the stamps to really stand out on their own, so kept it extremely simple. The stamp set from Clearly Besotted 'Simply Quilled' has these quilled designs in all sorts of shapes and sizes. I wanted to try and turn my stamp shape into another shape and the stamps screamed flower. 

I've never been very good at lining up where my stamps need to go, so wanted to try this out and practice. I have a few ideas for some geometric patterns and want to make sure I can stamp them well because I need to be precise. I wish I could be more precise with my sentiment stamping though, I can never get my words straight!!

The sentiment stamps are from Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the Bold and the Happy', the pink sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh and the green from Neat and Tangled.

I have six other challenges I would like to enter:

Winnie and Walter - Gossip Column Challenge 

Sparkle and Shine - May Photo Challenge 


Seize the Birthday Challenge Anything Goes 


Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Let's get Sentimental)

One-layer Card Challenge # 16 (Blossom)

Little Tangles Challenge # 56


Don't think I will be making any cards tonight if I still feel so sick. Feel's like someone used a bottle brush down my throat. Dave will be pleased because I've not been talking much today!! Fingers crossed I wake up tomorrow morning and I'm back to crazy normal....

Take care
Shona
 
 

18 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! Love the shapes and the colours! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Shona, what a wonderful card you made!!!
    I like the colors and the style.
    LG Flo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These stamps speak volumes, Shona! Love the delightful card! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Let’s Get Sentimental” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Shona... wow I've not ever seen that quilling stamp... looks perfectly placed to me. I must tell you that my MISTI purchase was specifically for straight sentiments... works very well! Hope you feel better soon!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever use of that stamp set Shona! You are always thinking 'outside the box' . . . I wish I was able to think that way! Get well soon and take care! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful...love your gorgeous flower and those shapes are amazing. Wishing you a very happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colours are lovely and the crisp lines in the stamped images give so much detail without looking 'busy' on a clean and simple card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your CAS design!! Lovely card!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stamping looks perfect, Shona!!!! Lovely design!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week! Hugs, May

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful CAS card, Shona! Love your flower! Thank you for playing with us at Sparkle & Shine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card! The quilled flower is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty, crisp image, Shona! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, pretty, Shona ... great use of that lovely quilled set ... way to go with the precision stamping! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ever seen lady using this stamp set
    and I want to have it
    do you mind to tell me which company is it
    Great interpretation Shona
    love your CAS design always
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shona this is beautiful!
    Thanks so much for linking your fabulous card to our challenge at Seize the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pure CAS perfection! Your flower is beautiful and so dainty! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete