Thursday 24 January 2019

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge # 127

Hi everybody!! Its been go-go-go round here for me lately, so not much crafting time unfortunately but I've been thinking about card designs non-stop so when I have a spare five minutes, I've got a few ideas to work on. The weather has also been extremely hot and windy, so I'm exhausted by the time I get home and its way too hot in my little craft corner, so by the time its cooled down its midnight and too late for this girl....





We have this fabulous phrase to inspire you for the current TIME OUT Challenge. You could use one word, one part or maybe show us how the words make you feel or remind you of something....its totally up to you!!

And our fabulous Sponsor is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and they are giving a $25 gift voucher to the winner of this challenge. So lucky!!!!

For my card I was so excited to use a new product that I'm probably the last person in the world to try out. In the last Coffee Lovers Blog Hop I was lucky enough to win a $10 voucher to Gina K Designs and I knew I had to get the Wreath Builder Templates. I used it straight away and I'm already addicted:


I wanted to use the 4inch template so I cut a 4inch square piece of white CS. I gathered up some Waffle Flower ink pads and lots of little CAS-ual Fridays Stamps images to create the wreath, starting off with the blue flower and spreading from there. The CFS stamp sets I used were:

Sassy Smiles
Peaceful Garden
Peace and Comfort
Best Day Ever

Once I was finished I adhered the piece to some black CS, cut around it to form a frame and then put on a 4.5inch card base with a piece of white foam.  For the sentiment I wanted to use something that referred to a strong friendship, as in the phrase.  I chose one from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Supercalifragilistic', it was white heat embossed on a strip of black CS and popped up on foam tape. I then glued on some clear gem stones from Studio Katia to the blue flowers and hearts.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Have a Heart'. My wreath contains hearts and is pretty heartfelt for a wonderful friend or maybe a loved one.



You have until Wednesday 30th January to link your projects to the TIME OUT Challenge and if your looking for any ideas or something to spark your imagination, pop over to the blog to see what our Design Team and our amazing Guest Designer Claire of String Bows have created for you. Look forward to seeing you and your creations in our Gallery!!

Take care
Shona

9 comments:

  1. I adore these colours and what a great way to use all these stamps-I would have never thought of this-thanks for the inspiration. The sentiment in black provides a great contrast to these pretty colours...hope you cool down soon...freezing here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fresh, bright and pretty, Shona ... what a fabulous wreath! Me too ... last person to try the wreath builder ... or at least I will be one day! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that stencil is working out for you. Your stamping reminds me of Spring which I could use about now. So happy and rejuvenating. Looks like your new toy is your new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't these wreath builder sets fun? So many different designs to be made with them. Yours is so pretty! Fun colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH what a wonderful card Shona - love those wreathes we are seeing on cards now. You are not the last in the world - I have not bought one, but I did try a home made job, but I don't know if I did it right or not, but I was not impressed with my result... I suspect it was me, not the gadget. Sorry I am a bit late commenting, but I got hit with a migraine yesterday.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this so much Shona! I just got the Gina K set too and love it! Your colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful bright card and I love how it reminds me of Spring. I love how you embellished the flowers and hearts with jewels. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I am so late in stopping y to tell you how much I love this card Shona. The colors are so bright and wonderful - temps where I lo\ive have been below zero degrees (F), so this warmth is welcome. I love the sentiment strip in contrast.

    ReplyDelete