Wednesday 31 January 2018

Altenew January Inspiration Challenge - Entry #1

Things slowed down a lot on my blog over the Christmas holidays. Was busy with the kids and getting back into work, so not much time for anything else. However, the kids went back to school today so the routine will be getting back to a more normal pace....hopefully.......





While spending time at the weekend at my Mum's house, I was able to make quite a few challenge entries, including two for this months Altenew Inspiration Challenge. I used to join in with this one all the time and I always think about ideas each month when I see the colours and picture. This month, with the delicious 'Summery' colours I definitely had to make something:


For some reason I quite often find myself daydreaming about using this 'Floral Shadow' stamp set from Altenew. The images are so fabulous and look amazing no matter what colour ink is used!!

As you can imagine this was pretty easy to put together and my MISTI was excellent for this design. After working out where all the stamps would sit on the card front, I inked up one at a time using two ink pads on each one. I stamped a colour on each side and then went back and forth over the middle to try and get them to blend together instead of a harsh line. Its such a fun technique to play around with!!

I didn't want to cover up any of the bright colours, so kept the sentiment nice and simple. I heat embossed the 'hello' from 'Blooming Bouquet' in gold, fussy cut it out and then popped on foam tape. To finish off I glued on some orange, pink, yellow and gold sequins from Neat and Tangled. Love it!!

I've got one more card to show you all in another blog post and then I'm off to bed. It was so hot last night I hardly got any sleep, so at least the slightly cooler evening will make sleeping a bit easier. Its supposed to rain tomorrow and Friday and be 19 degrees celcius on Saturday, talk about a drop in temperature from 37 degrees yesterday!!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, this is drop dead gorgeous. You've got an amazing winner there.

    ReplyDelete