Sunday 5 March 2017

The Flower Challenge - March

Hi there and welcome to The Flower Challenge for the month of March!! We have everyone's favourite theme this month:






This means the possibilities are endless with your creation. As long as you have something 'floral' as your main subject, you can make whatever you like!!

I was in a water colouring mood when I needed to make my card and I also wanted to use a background stamp that hadn't seen any ink yet. What a perfect pairing they were:

 


I used my MISTI to stamp the background stamp twice with Versafine black ink on water colour CS, and then heat emboss with clear embossing powder. I then grabbed a Kuretake Real Color Zig Brush marker in 'Light Violet', another small brush (with a bowl of water) and put the programme 'Suits' on the tv so I could settle in and colour away!!

Once I had finished and dried with my heat gun, I used a waffle-edged die to cut out the panel. I cut a panel of black CS, adhered it to the card front and then popped the panel up on foam tape. The 'love' die was die-cut 3x from black CS, glued together for dimension and then to the card. I also heat embossed the rest of the sentiment in white and glued this, along with some co-ordinating sequins to the card front.

The background stamp is from My Favourite Things 'Floral Fantasy'. The 'love' die is from Paper Smooches, the 'sending' sentiment is from Waffle Flower 'Balloon Messages' and the sequins from Neat and Tangled. The panel die is from Winnie and Walter 'Essentials: Audrey's Cutaways'.

You have until Saturday 25th March to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and we will be back with some reminder cards on the 15th March. If you are needing some help with inspiration, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. I can't wait to see your projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

10 comments:

  1. Perfect pairing is right, Shona...your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love that you chose pastel pink watercolors for your blooms...they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fantastic card Shona, love that background stamp. I did a shop recently but it was out of stock at the time and it will be another year before I get back.....maybe. The soft partial colouring so highlights the stamps design. Probably shows the details better done this way and of course perfectly finished off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy sweet heaven, you've done it again. The coloring is scrumptious...soft and lovely. This has to be the perfect depiction of spotlight coloring. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona....this is so beautiful. I love your incredible coloring, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Colouring just a "triangle" of flowers really draws the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply perfect, simple and subtle. Absolutely gorgeous and I love the little extras of the black card and the sparkle from the sequins. Absolutely gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card as always, Shona! You can make a CAS card with a background stamp stamped in black! Awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you spotlighted this pretty flowers in the center, the colors are subtle but still, they draw your eye to them. Love the detail of the sequences and the bold sentiment.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great background stamp! Maybe I need that!! Love the selective coloring...really draws in the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great card here Shona, loving the monochrome look with the splash of colour and bold sentiment. I do hope you are on the mend now, take it easy mf ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete