Tuesday 23 February 2016

Sparkle and Shine Challenge - February 15th

Its been a very busy few weeks here with a lot of sick children around the house. Luckily neither Dave or I have succumbed (touch wood) and the kids are gradually getting better, so hopefully we will be germ free for at least another week or two.......

This has meant not a lot of card making has been going on and I've missed out on a lot of challenges I wanted to enter. Last night though I was determined to do a bit of colouring and managed to turn it into a card.


This is the inspiration picture for the current Sparkle and Shine challenge. The rainbow colours got my attention straight away, so I stayed up till 12.30am last night doing rainbow colouring with my Ziggies:



Unfortunately I didn't have any way of making the pattern in the inspiration photo, so went with a patterned background and included the grey in the frame and banner.

I started off by stamping and heat embossing the faceted background stamp in gold on a piece of water colour paper. I then used my Ziggies along with some water and small brush to add the colour to each triangle and drag it out with the brush. While it was drying I die cut the frame from a piece of grey CS and twice from white CS. I glued these all together with a piece of acetate in-between the top two layers. 

I added lots of foam tape to the back of the frame and made a pile of round and star shaped gold sequins on top of the coloured piece. The frame was adhered over the sequins and I trimmed off any excess water colour paper. This shaker was then adhered to the card front. I made a small banner from the same grey CS, stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in gold and used double-sided tape to stick to the shaker.

The frame die is from Pretty Pink Posh, as well as the gold round sequins. The sentiment and background stamp are both from Neat and Tangled 'Faceted'.

I have two other challenges I would like to enter:

Little Tangles Challenge # 65 

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge  (Shake it Up)




I have one more card to post and then its off to bed. It was Phoebe's 11th birthday today and she was sick with a migraine. Not the best way to spend the day but we got to spend the day together watching dvd's and eating chocolate, so not too bad after all.

Take care
Shona


  



16 comments:

  1. Shona, this is fantastic! I love the beautiful background you created for this FUN shaker card! So many beautiful details! Thank you for joining us at Sparkle & Shine! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is extremely gorgeous, Shona. I really like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shaker card! Such a wonderful design! Very pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear me. Unbelievably perfect for this challenge. The color, the shaker, the total execution is AWESOME. Nn matter what, this is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear me. Unbelievably perfect for this challenge. The color, the shaker, the total execution is AWESOME. Nn matter what, this is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect! Love rainbows and shakers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is great and would be perfect in the Coral & Aqua Challenge over at Classy Cards n Such. I hope you will link it up there. Come by to check it out!
    Here's a link:
    http://www.classycardsnsuch.blogspot.com/2016/02/ccns-final-challenge-125-aqua-and-coral.html

    Sierra Winters
    www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Shona ... wow, what glorious facets of watercolouring in that fab background ... such a delicious gold shaker ... dazzling indeed! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Shona, love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is AWESOME, Shona!! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!
    Hope everyone feels better soon! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have never guessed you are behind this beauty!!! You ventured out of CAS and it came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing card I absolutely adore this beauty it really should be framed.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! Fantastic watercoloring and love the stars in your shaker! Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your embossed and coloured bg, Shona, the colours are beautiful!!!! And how fun your shaker is with all the lovely little stars!!!! Love the grey to go with the gold and rainbow colours!!! So beautiful and fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete