Saturday 30 January 2016

Simply Create Too! Challenge #101 (Entry no. 2)

I'm going to take Bella for a walk shortly but thought I would post this card on my blog before I run out the door!! 

The current challenge at Simply Create Too! is 'Something New'. I was very lucky this week to get my hands on my first Mama Elephant stamp set from my friend Michelle. I couldn't wait to play with the little puppies and so I got colouring straight away:



This Mama Elephant stamp set ('Playful Pups') has five puppy images that are just the cutest and I had a lot of fun colouring them with my pencils. I fussy cut them out and put them to the side while I made the background. 

I'm a HUGE fan of Melania Deasy and she creates the most magical blended ink backgrounds I've ever seen. She certainly inspired me to try creating a background that's a lot different to my normal 'all-white' design. I started out by using Distress Ink 'Cracked Pistachio' with my mini-blending tool towards the bottom of the card front and then moved up into 'Peacock Feathers', eventually blending them together. I then used my paint brush with water and flicked water droplets over the ink and gently removed the water with a tissue.

After die-cutting the frame (by Pretty Pink Posh) twice from white CS, I glued them together and then adhered to the card front. Once the puppies were set in position, I stamped the sentiment (from the same stamp set) and added sequins, also from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm over the moon with how this turned out, just need a lot more practice with my ink blending and pencil colouring!!

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (my third entry) where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

 

Off into the gloomy, slightly raining day I go! Took Bella to the river last night and I think she found every single rat that lived along the bank. Will take her where the rabbit holes are today, so that will be a change of smell for her!!

Take care
Shona


 

9 comments:

  1. Darling design! Your blending is awesome! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab blended background, Shona ... and such cute pups ... sweet! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet pups and what great sponinging for the BG! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous blended background, loving the colours, all set off beautifully by those cute and adorable pups. Beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe that you've mastered the background blending. This card is really darling...those puppies are adorable against that dreamy blue/green. You did your new stamp set proud. I'm sure Bella will love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Shona: what an adorable card, the background is stunning and those little puppies are beyond sweet.
    Love the sequences too.
    Thank you for sharing.

    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is just soooo cute and adorable, Shona!!! Love the wonderful sponging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shona! What an amazing card! I just love it! Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete