Sunday 22 November 2015

Addicted to CAS Challenge # 77

They are having some big celebrations over at Addicted to CAS  this week. Its their 3rd birthday.....Happy Birthday ladies!!!! Its always a fabulous challenge and I've always enjoyed their challenge themes. Here's to at least another 3 years!!


The code word for their latest challenge is 'Dimension'. Its something I don't really think too much of when I make my cards but I go thru an awful lot of foam tape, so it happens more than I thought....

I received a new die recently and had a crazy idea on how to use it straight away. Its one of those fiddly designs I keep coming up with but it was so worth it:
 

Told you it was fiddly!!! I was lucky enough to purchase the 'Twine and Bow' dies from Pretty Pink Posh and when they arrived I had two immediate ideas. This is one of them. I spent ages last night die-cutting one end of the twine die using different paint chip colours, to complete a rainbow. I added some glue tape to the middle of the card front and laid down all the 'twine triangles'. The middle (which you can't see) ended up looking like a funny rectangle. 

To keep the thin end pieces down, I brushed Multi Medium Matte glue under them and held down for a few seconds. I used a circle die from Couture Creations with some white CS and heat embossed the sentiment (from Neat and Tangled 'Faceted') in gold. This was popped up on foam tape. 

Its a crazy design I know and took quite a long time to put together but it makes me smile every time I look at it, so that must be a good thing, right?? And it feels so cool when you run your fingers around it, just incase you wondered about that!

One more card to post and then will catch up on some of my emails and comments. So excited that the school pool opens this week on Tuesday and the weather is supposed to be extremely hot. Not great for my gardening days but will finish gardening, grab the kids and jump in straight away to cool off. Can't wait!!

Take care
Shona
 

9 comments:

  1. Holy moley.If this doesn't win, I'll want to know why, in writing. Absolutely brilliant use of that die. I'm dumbfounded by your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, girl, but YES. Worth it! This is awesome. I hope you freaking frame it and hang it above your craft area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful take on the challenge! Love the rainbow-colours! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You are Perfect" and so is your card Shona! Great card! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A rainbow starburst, Shona ... how fantastic ... it does look particularly touchable! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is awesome great way to use the codeword dimension. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW ! what an amazing card, this really stood out in the gallery, sounds like it was a tricky card to make but the result is stunning. Well done you !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my this is incredibly creative and genius design, love the soft colors. Thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete