Tuesday 20 March 2018

Your Next Stamp Challenge # 85

It has been the most beautiful and hot day today. Its 6.37pm and still very warm, you would never think it was Autumn!! Its supposed to start raining from tomorrow afternoon onwards and get cold but for now I'm still hanging on to Summer!





I received some Your Next Stamp stamp sets a while ago and have only used one of them. They have been sitting on my desk amongst other new sets and I thought it was about time I gave them the attention they deserve! I saw the current sketch for the Your Next Stamp Challenge # 85 and came up with a design straight away:
 


I've had five Distress Oxide Ink pads sitting in my drawer for months but never used them because I love using the original Distress Inks. Well, after creating this rainbow background I may never go back to the originals again..... Why did I wait so long???

I stamped the images from Your Next Stamp 'Insanely Happy' with black ink onto some white CS, coloured them with my pencils and fussy cut out. I also stamped the sentiment from the same set on a strip of white CS and put foam tape on the back.

Because the sentiment mentions 'happy place' I just had to use a rainbow of colour somewhere on my card, as a rainbow always makes me happy. I cut a panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS the same size as my card front and used a stitched-waffle edge die from Pretty Pink Posh along the top. Then, using my mini-blending tool, I created the rainbow background with the Distress Oxide Inks. They certainly do blend beautifully but I will need more practice as I kept getting finger marks all over it.

The panel was put on foam tape over the card front. I added the sentiment and put the images on foam tape as well. And of course to finish off I added a 'rainbow' of sequins from Neat and Tangled.

Its dinnertime so better rustle up something for the savages (otherwise known as Phoebe and Max). Poor Max has been home sick again for the past two days. He picked up another virus after just starting to get over the first one but his cough has gotten worse. We are trying out some different inhalers to see if he can finally get a good nights sleep (me too....). He will be home again tomorrow, thank goodness for my Mum being available to look after him. I owe her millions of dollars in baby sitting fees!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. This one is just delightful. So happy and colorful. Aren't those oxide inks fabulous...I adore mine. The blending, which I was never good at, is so much easier for me. And apparently they blended nicely for you too beacause that background is beyond gorgeous. Hope Max feels better soon...it's so hard when the littles feel crummy. Your Mum will take your love in trade for all those millions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Shona - love your blending - must try with my neglected DO's too....
    I feel for Max - I currently have a lurgy that is leaving me breathless and my inhalers on over drive until the prednisone kicks in... then it's "party at midnight" time, as I don't sleep well on them! I hope he recovers quickly and totally. Yay for Grandma's - I'm on babysitting duties next Monday to accommodate a parent on a school trip!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable is this?! Love your ink-blended background! Thanks for joining us at the YNS Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete