Friday 30 March 2018

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge

Its Good Friday here in New Zealand and a gloriously hot and sunny day. I'm off to play basketball with Max at the school down the road shortly but thought I would show you all this crazy Christmas card I came up with!!





This week is the ever popular 'Anything Goes' theme at the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge  which I thought would be a brilliant place to enter this Christmas card:


Isn't this hippo the cutest??!! I love her pink swimsuit (which I could see the top of the bikini...) and her juicy watermelon matches her Santa hat!!  In New Zealand we have Christmas in the middle of Summer, so our holiday is all about swimming, eating Summer fruits and being outside. I thought this would be perfect to send to a friend in NZ or Australia!

To create the beach I used my mini-blending tool and Waffle Flower 'Coffee Loves Milk' dye ink and coloured the bottom of the card. I did the same for the water/sky using Distress Ink 'Salty Ocean' and to add a bit more interest I flicked on some water and pressed with a tissue.

I stamped the hippo and sandcastle images (from Neat and Tangled 'Beach Day'), the present (from Mama Elephant 'A Beary Christmas') and the Santa hat (from Pretty Pink Posh 'Winter Friends') with black ink on some white CS. I coloured them with pencils, fussy cut out and adhered to the card front, putting the hippo on foam tape. The sentiment (from Neat and Tangled 'Scandinavian Prints Christmas') was stamped on a strip of white CS and popped on foam tape, along with some sequins also from Neat and Tangled.

Better go and limber up for basketball. I'm not the best at playing but I'm pretty good at shooting baskets. Max is trying to teach me to bounce the ball thru my legs but my big butt keeps getting in the way. Longer legs would be so good right now......

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Basketball? I'm convinced there is nothing you cannot do. Athletic, green thumb AND incredibly good at cardmaking. This hippo is darling... can't wait for warm weather so this adorable scene really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wicked fun card and clever too :) Thank you for playing along with our Anything Goes Challenge on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete