Saturday 17 March 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - March New Release Day 5

Well, what an amazing week its been! Its been so much fun sharing the New Release products from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps with you all. Today is our last day and we have two more products to share!

Introducing Little Birdies stamp set and Birdies Fri-dies: 



I love these little birdies so much and the sentiments go with them perfectly. For my card I was actually dying to cut them up but in a humane way of course:


Gotta love a card with rainbow colours, makes me smile every time!!

To start off I stamped and heat embossed the birdies in white on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS. After carefully cutting them apart,  I watercoloured each bird with a pair of Distress Inks - 'Picked Raspberry' and 'Abandoned Coral', 'Mermaid Lagoon' and 'Twisted Citron', and 'Mustard Seed' and 'Spiced Marmalade'. I wanted the colours to blend in the middle and to make them as bright as possible, so I dried them with my heat gun and repeated the painting process a few times.

While they were drying I die-cut the smallest tag die from Tag Buddies Fri-dies from some black CS and also twice from white CS. I glued them all together in three lots and adhered them to the card front. Then each bird was popped up on foam tape. I then stamped the three sentiments with black ink and glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

That's it, that's all the products from the March New Release. I hope you love them as much as I do. They are all available in the shop now and if you use my Girl Friday code you can save yourself 15%!!





If you'd like to see more ways to use the New Release products, pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog to see what the other Girl Fridays have created.

Thanks so much for coming by this week, its been wonderful to see you all. And I'm sure I'll be back here again very soon with some more cards to share.

Take care
Shona
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Can you say, cute, cute, cute. Love these little chicks. And love how you used your inks to color them. Putting them on those tags really makes them pop. Just too darling for words.

    ReplyDelete