Wednesday 28 February 2018

Altenew Inspiration Challenge - February

I know, I know....I did say yesterday that I wouldn't be making any more cards or doing any blog posts for a few days but it rained hard all night so wasn't able to garden today. And after cleaning the bathroom, toilet and vacuuming....I had a few minutes spare to play with new craft goodies...





Last week I received a new Altenew 'Spring Shower Cover Die' and was desperate to put it to use. I die-cut it a few times from white CS, separated out all the flowers (which took forever!!!) and then sat down today to colour, using this months Altenew Inspiration Challenge colours, while watching reruns of Scandal...heaven...



Using Altenew Set A green markers and some pink markers from #colouring, I chose some flower pieces to layer together and alternated the pinks with white. I also coloured some different leaves to add to the mix. I started arranging them on my card front and when I was happy, I took a photo with my mobile phone, so I could remember the design.

After using my mini-blending tool and Distress Ink 'Spun Sugar' on the card front, I set to work gluing all the flowers and leaves into place. I die-cut the Altenew 'thanks' die 3x from white CS, glued them all together and then over the flowers. I also gave it a good coating of Wink of Stella. The sentiment (from Altenew 'Persian Motifs' was stamped on a strip of white CS and glued into place, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

The kids will be home shortly so better get prepared for all their stories about school. Phoebe always has lots to say but Max just wants to eat (as he never eats his lunch) and jump on the trampoline. He needs to jump and eat before divulging any stories about school. Maybe its a boy thing??

Take care
Shona

5 comments:

  1. So clever and lovely. You production lately leaves me breathless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. This is simply stunning! Those lovely pink and white flowers did all the talking! Thank you so much for joining the Inspiration Challenge at Altenew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article..I am looking so forward to your blogcomment and
    I love your page on your post.. That is so pretty..
    soy'vvow]oN

    ReplyDelete