Thursday 22 February 2018

Reminder: Time Out Challenge # 103

Hello there!! Its nearly Friday so that must be good, especially after the week we've had here weather-wise. We spent Monday and Tuesday waiting for Cyclone Gita to hit which brought lots and lots of rain but we got none of the high winds at all (thank goodness). It did though stop me from gardening for the last 3 days which has me incredibly behind but not much I can do about Mother Nature!! Its also Phoebe's 13th birthday tomorrow, so that's a brilliant way to end the week!





I was wanting to remind you all about our current TIME OUT challenge where we want you to design something around your hobbies, with the option of making it one-layer. There are already so many incredible projects in the Gallery, you are all so talented!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps who are giving the winner a $25 gift voucher to their store. Talk about lucky!!


I have a few different hobbies, card making of course being one of them but I wanted to show you one of my favourites:


I love creating one-layer cards and haven't made one for a while, so this was the perfect chance to see if if I could still do it!!

Apart from eating, one thing I love to do is baking. I'm very well known for my chocolate brownies (to the point where Max was having them stolen from his lunchbox every day....) and my Christmas Cowpat Cookies are known world-wide. I definitely got the baking bug off my Mum. I loved baking with her when I was little and its wonderful passing it on to my own children.

I grabbed my Neat and Tangled 'Holiday Baking' stamp set and stamped the images in black towards the bottom of the card. I coloured them all with my Faber Castell pencils and tried to make the bear look furry. It didn't look right though so I added a faint grey pencil line and shading to make it look like the bear was sitting on the floor. All I had to do then was stamp the sentiment and glue on some Neat and Tangled sequins.

I'm going to link this to The Cats Pyjamas Challenge # 343 where their theme is:


You have until Wednesday 28th February to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge. And if your needing some ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer Ashwini of Experiments with Card Making etc have created for you. I can't wait to see what hobbies you share with us!!

Take care
Shona



 

7 comments:

  1. He looks a sweetie and your colouring is amazing. I like the added shaded area for the floor, really grounds the image. Great to know more about you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would love to come visit you, especially because of the baked goods. That bear is simply precious. Using a Christmas stamp is so clever. Such a sweet little scene. Wish Phoebe the happiest of birthdays for me please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable. I also love to bake, and have not been doing too much of it since my girls grew up and moved away. Love your perfect coloring, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so adorable and colored perfectly. Love this Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little scene, Shona ... love how you grounded this adorable, furry bear! Guess he's baking a birthday cake!! Happy Birthday to Phoebe for yesterday! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love baking too, it's so relaxing! I love eating the batter. ;) Such a cute card, I love your little scene. Great coloring too, I love the texture on the bear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute baking themed card. Thank you for joining The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday challenge.

    ReplyDelete