Saturday 3 February 2018

Two designers, one stamp set with CAS-ual Fridays Stamps

I've got a very cool post for you today. I'm up on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today along with one of my bestest crafting buddies!!





Michele (the owner of CAS-ual Fridays Stamps) asked all of the Girl Fridays to invite someone to create a card with, using the same stamp set. I immediately thought of my fabulous friend Coni of Which Craft? who not only is the sweetest, funniest and supportive friend but a brilliant card maker as well. Thank goodness she said yes to my invite and we decided to use the new stamp set Coffee Talk: 




We also decided to include some watercolouring in our design and use the Coffee Cup Fri-dies as well. This is what I came up with:


I actually wanted to create something with more watercolouring involved but every image I tried to colour looked ghastly, so they all ended up filed in the rubbish bin. Buggar!! I need to practice with my paints everyday, if only I had time to do that!

I started by cutting a panel of watercolour CS slightly smaller than my card front. Using a big round brush, my Gansai Tambi watercolour paints and lots of water, I created this ombre look. Once I was happy with it and it had dried, I tried (for the first time ever) to emboss with the Coffee Cup Fri-die. This is when I realised I couldn't find the other plate for my Cuttlebug and scrounged up as many pieces of CS I could find to replace it. Good old 'kiwi ingenuity'!! I was so happy with how it turned out, gotta do this more often!



I stamped and heat embossed the 'coffee' from the Coffee Talk stamp set in gold on the panel, and then popped on the card front with lots of foam tape. The sentiment (from the same stamp set) was stamped in black on a piece of white CS and put on foam tape, along with sequins from the Sistahood Sparkle Sequin Mix and gold ones from Neat and Tangled.




I'm sure you are itching to see what Coni made with the same products, so pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog to see her spectacular designs!

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

 
Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm off to leave some love for my crafty bestie. I'll see you back here again soon!

Take care
Shona
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Don't you love that sentiment...exactly how I felt this morning. You sly one... you did the dry embossing...yay! Looks terrific on your ombre watercoloring. Aced this one, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this fun card...the ombre is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shona!!! OH do I love your darling card - and even more THAT SENTIMENT!!! OMG I hope that set gets restocked soon! Gorgeous card, fabulous friend!
    =]

    ReplyDelete