Tuesday 16 January 2018

Reminder: The Flower Challenge # 16

Hi everyone, hope your having a fantastic start to your week!! I'm just wanting to remind you about our current challenge at The Flower Challenge. 



We have 'Spotlight Stamping' for our theme this month. This is where you stamp images on your project and then only colour to put a 'spotlight' on one area you want to highlight. There are so many ways to do this and its so much fun!!

For my last card I did a bit of water colouring, so thought I would get out my pencils this time:


This is such a beautiful background stamp and has so many details to be coloured!!

I started by cutting a panel of white CS the same size as my card front and stamping the background image on to it with black ink. I then grabbed an oval die and cut the middle out of it. I coloured this in using my favourite Faber Castell pencils. I adhered the panel to the card front and popped the oval up on foam tape.

To make the sentiment stand out, I die-cut the 'happy' twice from black CS, glued them together and then to the card front. The rest of the sentiment was simply stamped on a strip of white CS and glued in place. I then added some pink sequins and black half-pearl drops for some details.

The background image is from MFT Stamps 'Floral Fantasy', as well as the sentiment stamp from 'Bitty Bears'. The 'happy' die is from Whimsy Stamps. The oval-stitched die is from Studio Katia and the pink sequins from Neat and Tangled.

You have until Thursday 25th January to link your projects to The Flower Challenge. If your struggling for ideas, don't forget to pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you. Looking forward to seeing your 'pops of colour' in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. how gorgeous...love how you did this one Shona.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stamping and 'spotlighting' Shona ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete