Wednesday 3 January 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - December 2017 New Release - Day 3

Well, you guys have been going crazy for the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  New Release products, and I totally don't blame you. When I first saw all of this release I was staying at my Mum's and she came running into the lounge to find out why I was jumping around and squealing!!

We are up to Day 3 of this New Release and we have two more coffee-related stamp sets to share with you. First up we have Hot Coffee:


Absolutely love the font used on these sentiments and they couldn't be more clever, hilarious and cheeky!!

Next up we have Time for Coffee:


Michele (the owner of CAS-ual Fridays Stamps) must have had a blast coming up with all these brilliant sentiments. They really capture the personality of a 'coffee drinker' perfectly. Makes me wish I liked coffee!! Here's what I came up with for these sets.


You know how much I love a good rainbow and nothing could be more magical than that first cup of coffee in the morning!!

I die-cut the To Go Cup Fri-dies from white CS and the outer band from black CS. I adhered them together and added foam tape to the back. Once I worked out where the cup would sit on the card front, I used some washi tape to mask off the area for my rainbow and went to town with an array of Distress Inks, trying to blend them together as much as I could. 

Once I was happy I stamped the sentiment from Time for Coffee in black ink, put the coffee cup in place, cutting off the over hanging edges and glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled.


While walking the dog recently I was thinking about this release and realised that I could make a coffee-cup shaped card using the new Coffee Cup Fri-Dies!!


You can see here how the cards open up to show the inside, where you can write your message or use a stamp. It would make a fabulous gift tag too!!

I created two side folding cards from white CS. I then put the coffee cup die on the card front so that the left cutting edge was hanging off the fold of the card, so that it wouldn't cut anything (I hope that makes sense....). Your left with two coffee-liquid holes but I decided to only inlay the inside one with brown CS, as leaving the top one empty gave it a 3D look.

I heat embossed two sentiments from the Hot Coffee stamp set in gold and then blended Distress Inks 'Picked Raspberry' and 'Mermaid Lagoon' over the sentiments and the handles. And I must admit I've been singing 'I love Big Cups' ever since making these!!!

I really hope I've given you some ideas on how to use these new products and possibly inspired you to do a bit of shopping. All of the New Release sets are available to purchase now and you can save yourself 15% on your shopping by using my special code!





Don't forget to visit the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog to see what the rest of the Girl Fridays and our special Guest Designer Amy have created for you. And I'll see you back here tomorrow for Day 4 of the Release!!

Take care
Shona
 


 

 

2 comments:

  1. Love how you shaded the Big Cup - looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot even express how much I love your rainbow card and that hilarious sentiment. Love the way you've designed it pouring out of the cup. And following it up with those fun and flashy shaped cards...ah, the brilliance of your mind is amazing.

    ReplyDelete