Tuesday 12 September 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Holiday Savings Parade Day 2!!!!

I'm feeling very festive after making these cards for the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  'Holiday Sale' Parade!!  That's right, Michelle (the owner) has gone into 'Super Sale' mode and put a whole lot of products on sale here to get you organised for Christmas. Over three days, myself and the other 'Girl Friday's are showing you projects using these products to get you in the creating and 'shopping' mood!!


For both of my cards I really wanted to use these products in a different way than I have before so I hope you like what I came up with!!


I always love blue and white on a Christmas card, especially with snowflakes for some reason. For this card I started off by cutting a panel of white CS the same size as my card front and die-cutting the small circle from the Ornament Tag Dies. I used a pencil to lightly mark out where the circles would sit on the card front and then used a mini-blending tool and Distress Inks 'Salty Ocean', 'Peacock Feathers' and 'Mermaid Lagoon'. I added lots of foam tape to the back of the panel and put on the card.

I die-cut the snowflake from Flurry Fri-Dies 3x and put on tiny pieces of foam tape in each circle. I then covered them with LOTS of Wink of Stella for sparkle. For the sentiment (from Christmas Sparkle) I heat embossed it in Silver on a piece of white CS, fussy cut it out and put on foam tape, along with some clear sequins from the Sistahood Sparkle Sequin Mix.


For my second card I got even more CAS (Clean and Simple)! I started off by using the larger circle die from Ornamental Tag Fri-Dies on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS. I then used my MISTI to stamp and heat emboss the patterns from Holly Jolly Borders  in Gold. I then used my mini-blending tool and Distress Inks 'Picked Raspberry' and 'Worn Lipstick' to create the colour. Using some white CS I created the ornament frame using the same large circle die along with the smaller one and put it over the coloured circle with foam tape.

To co-ordinate with the gold embossing I die-cut the ornament holder from gold CS and glued it in place, and then tied the bow with some gold twine. The whole ornament was then adhered to the card front. To make sure the ornament was the 'star' of the card I simply stamped the sentiment from Lovely Blessings twice using my MISTI and black Versafine ink, and then immediately heat embossing with clear powder. And I just had to add some gold sequins as well from Pretty Pink Posh.





 

I hope these have given you some ideas for your Christmas cards and if your tempted to do some shopping, please don't forget to use my special Girl Friday code to get an additional 15% off the already incredible sale price of these products!





If your looking for more Christmas project ideas pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog to see more from the other Girl Fridays, their ideas are amazing!!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Look at you getting your Christmas cards done...and such great cards they are. LOVE the CAS vibe. Perfect for crafting multiples. But the colors are the stars on both...just make the white more pristine and virginal.

    ReplyDelete