Friday 22 September 2017

2017 Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop - Entry # 3

I'm whipping in with one last entry for the 2017 Fall Coffee Lovers Blog Hop while I have a few moments spare....

I don't usually make many cards with an 'Autumn' theme but have loved getting all the fall colours together with my inks and pencils. Maybe now I have a few more colours to choose from it makes it more enjoyable!!

For this final entry I really wanted to create a one-layer design and knew which stamp sets would be perfect:
 

 
This was so much fun to make and love all these warm colours together. And the details in those leaf stamps are fantastic!!

Firstly I stamped the cup and saucer image with black ink and then the sentiment above it. That way I was able to stamp all the leaves around them. I used my MISTI to stamp all the leaves 2 or 3 times each, which took a bit of time but I wanted to make sure I got really good coverage with the ink colours. I used Altenew 'Dark Chocolate' for the brown leaves and all the brown leaf vein details. The other leaves were all stamped in Hero Arts 'Soft Cantaloupe' and 'Soft Vanilla', and Altenew 'Peach Perfect'. 

Once I was happy with the leaves I coloured the cup and saucer with my Faber Castell pencils. Normally I would add some sequins but I felt there was already so much going on with this card, it didn't need anything else.

The leaves are all from Hero Arts 'Let Love Grow' and the cup/saucer and sentiment are from Waffle Flower 'Warm Wishes'.

I've got three other challenges I would like to enter:

AAA Card Challenge # 99 



The Cat's Pyjama's Tuesday Challenge # 339 



A Blog Named Hero - September Challenge 



Dave has just left to pick up our pizza so I better get a move on. Even though I haven't been gardening this week I've still been so busy catching up on housework and other jobs. Has been rather nice though being home on my own but I'm rather desperate to get my hands covered in dirt again!!

Take care
Shona
 

14 comments:

  1. So pretty with beautiful details, a cute CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of Autumn colours and so cosy with the steaming coffee cup. Thanks for joining in with the current AAA Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting in a big pile of leaves with a cup of coffee sounds just perfect to me, Shona... join me? Thanks for #2 in the TCP gallery!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, this is such a perfect fall theme card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is lovely. I'm a big fan of the stamped all over design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh....Shona, this is so pretty!!! Love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous leaves, Shona. Perfectly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have mountains of Fall clean up to do in our yards...but here I am looking at your gorgeous coffee card while I sip my morning cuppa. You coloring is so good on this card...I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this and especially the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous single layer design!!

    Thanks for sharing!!
    ~Shanna
    www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic! Beautiful stamping and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous one layer card, beautiful colours.

    Thank you for sharing with us at A Blog Named Hero x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Autumn card! Great design! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete