Sunday 27 August 2017

Seize the Birthday Challenge - Entry No. 2

Its another warm day here today but the clouds are beginning to arrive and its supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. I'm going to take Bella for a walk shortly but wanted to get this card on my blog before I forgot!!

I mentioned in yesterdays post that August has been a big month of birthdays and I'm using the current Seize the Birthday challenge as a chance to build up my card stash!!





The card I created yesterday used a lot of Whimsy Stamps products and while I was making that card, I had this design come to mind:


A bit of a crazy design I know but I just had to try it out!!

I started off by using Waffle Flower ink pads and a balloon image from Whimsy Stamps 'Happy Everything' stamp set. I stamped the top blue row first and then went down from there. I then decided to fussy cut around the balloons, put them on lots of foam tape and adhere to the card front. This gave them a lot more dimension.

For the sentiment I die-cut the  Whimsy Stamps 'happy' 3x from white CS, glued them together and painted on lots of Wink of Stella. After gluing to the top of the balloons I put on lots of Glossy Accents for shine. 

I cut a strip of white CS, fishtailed both ends and heat embossed the 'everything' with silver powder. This was put on foam tape, along with some pink and clear sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm also going to link this to the Stamplorations Summer Sketch and Theme Challenge 


I've also just found out about the monthly Whimsy Stamps challenge and this months theme is 'Anything Goes'!!



Best get my walking shoes on and take Bella before the clouds break open with rain. I wonder how muddy she will get today and how many holes she will dig looking for those pesky rats????

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. For goodness sake. You've knocked me out AGAIN with your cleverness. What a terrific and unique birthday card. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your array of colorful balloons. Very clever and then fussy cutting them does add a lot of dimension. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to receive this Birthday card! Thank you for sharing it in our challenge at Whimsy Stamps

    ReplyDelete