Friday 18 August 2017

Seize the Birthday Challenge - Anything Goes

Hi everyone!! Its 9pm Friday night and I've just finished re-watching (probably for the 6th time) Season 2 of Veep, one of my all-time favourite shows. The writers are so clever and the acting incredible. And I've even learned quite a bit about American politics along the way, so there you go, watching tv is educational!!  Its been a wonderful relaxing afternoon and now its the weekend with nothing planned....yippee!


I purchased a new stamp set over a week ago and finally had time yesterday to sit down and create with it. It has the cutest birthday sentiment, so I knew I wanted to create something for the Seize the Birthday challenge:


Isn't this bear image amazing??!! Its by a company Rosies Studio from their 'Twig and Twine' collection. It only costs $5 and its not the best quality of clear stamps however over the years they have gotten so much better with their polymer, this set is the best I've ever used. And for $5 its freakin' amazing!!

And yes, that is patterned paper you see on my card. The collection comes with a 6x4 paper pad and the papers are stunning. Lots of florals, wood and natural patterns. I really wanted to push myself and use them both.

I started off by stamping the bear with black ink on some white CS. I coloured him with my pencils and fussy cut him out.  Using a Studio Katia 'Stitched Oval' die, I cut the floral paper and adhered straight to the card front. I wanted the bear to have something in his hand so I grabbed some flower dies from Paper Smooches. I die-cut the stalk from a dark green paint chip and cut off the leaves. I wanted to have the flower in similar tones to the paper, so found some light and darker peachy/pink paint chips and die-cut the flowers from them. I held the middle of the flower in place with some washi tape behind it.

To put together I glued the stalk to the paper and put the flower and bear on foam tape. I stamped the sentiment on white CS, adhered to some black CS and cut around around it. This was put on foam tape as well and I added some peach and gold sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I have three other challenges I would like to enter:

 Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge



Stamplorations Summer Sketch and Theme Challenge 



Southern Girls Challenge # 166  (Add some Stamping)


Now I have to work out what tv series to watch next. I have about six different shows I'm halfway through watching on Netflix so I better finish one of those. But I also have so many shows saved on my MySky (like TiVo) box that need to be watched or deleted. I've always loved tv and there seems to be a new series coming out every week at the moment, especially on Netflix....and they are all so good. I need to take a week off and just watch tv 7 days straight to catch up but I think I would go nuts without getting my hands dirty or being outside. Maybe if it rained non-stop for 7 days.......

Take care
Shona

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute card - love the dancing bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design on your card. Love the bear with his cute flower. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore this bear & this card is just as adorable. I could make up a thousand stories about this sweet critter dancing through his garden. Maybe we should write one together & sell it to Netflix for kids? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. super sweet card...fun design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! It looks like the patterned paper was made for the bear! They go so well together! And awesome pencil coloring, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl, another win under your belt at STAMPlorations. You are so popular.

    ReplyDelete