Friday 4 August 2017

Curtain Call Challenge - Herb Garden

Its finally Friday night here in little old New Zealand and I'm so glad the week is over!! It was a fantastic working week, I had good gardening weather every single day which was a blessing and I got lots done. Now I'm ready for a slower pace for the next two days....

A few days ago I came across the Curtain Call Challenge photo:





It reminded me that I had some plant stamps that I had started colouring but never finished. This was the push I needed to finish them off and turn them into a card:


These are my first ever 'cactus' stamps and there were so much fun to colour and cut out (NOT!!). LOL!!

I stamped these images on to some Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS using Memento black ink. That way I could use my Altenew Artist Markers to colour them in. When oh when will Altenew bring out some more marker colours????

Once I was happy with my colouring I fussy cut them out. The succulents weren't so bad but the cactus thorns were a pain in the backside area. They look good though thank goodness, so all my bad language was worth it.

 I die-cut the window from dark grey CS and popped it up on foam tape. I put the images on foam tape as well, added a gold heat embossed sentiment and some co-ordinating sequins for that added shine. Oh and I also smothered the plants with lots of Wink of Stella too but of course that never shows in my photos, darn it!

The stamp images are all from Rosie's Studio 'Book Club'. The window die is from MFT Stamps, the peach and gold sequins are from Neat and Tangled and the green ones from Studio Katia.

I'm also going to link this to the Uniko Studio Challenge # 42 where their theme is:



Its after 10pm and I've been writing blog posts for nearly two hours. My eyes are going to pop out of my head soon if I don't stop and my bed and Netflix is calling my name. And of course I don't have to get up early tomorrow either......yippee!!

Take care
Shona
 

7 comments:

  1. Mmm, love that puny sentiment, and yes I have in the past stuck to a cactus plant! Thanks for playing at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is fabulous! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't let your eyes pop out of your head...you'll need them for your next round of fabulous cards and this one is no exception. Terrific was to showcase those darling succulents. Perfect sentiment of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun sentiment with the cacti - I'm not a great fan of fussy cutting either! You did a great job x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this Shona! Such a fun take on the inspiration. Love the four sweet little windows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another FUN creative design. Beautifully inspiring and lovely to see you in the Uniko gallery again. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these prickly succulents and the pretty little flowers! Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with our flowers challenge at Uniko! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete