Sunday 20 April 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge #13

Happy Easter everyone! The kids didn't get up till 8am this morning (yay!) to look for their eggs. I must have looked so funny early this morning (around 1am) creeping thru their rooms trying to hide all the eggs. I didn't count them all so hopefully they have all been found...

I was only going to make one card last night but got carried away and made three, so have a few posts today.

What a gorgeous little easter party photo this is! So colourful and the cupcakes look so good. Wish I had been invited!! The colours that stood out for me were the stripes on the small glass bottles and on the roof of the white birdhouse. There is also a hint of gold glitter on the end of a spoon that's just poking into the photo in the bottom left. Perfect time to use my gold glitter washi!!
Found it hard to find the right shade of colours for the stripes but thankfully I did have some gorgeous enamel dots to match. And I'm just in-love with my glitter washi, wish I could use it on every card. And I thought this sticker was great to show the 'happy' word in the very back of the photo.

The papers are from Echo Park 'Dots and Stripes'. The glitter washi tape and enamel dots are from Papervine. And I came across this sticker in my Carta Bella 'Hello Again' collection. 

Just tried taking dogs for walk with the kids and came back absolutely drenched, it poured down on us. Kids just had a bath and now the sun is out. Talk about bad timing!!

Take care
Shona

 

3 comments:

  1. Hiding eggs at 1 am?! You're the best Momma ever!

    glitter washi = ♥♥♥

    Love how you were inspired by the photo!

    Thanks for playing with us at Cure for the Monday Blues - hoppy eggstravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fun take on those coloured stripes - I love how you used that as the starting point then made it your own with the unique composition and the fun FUN glitter washi! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great glittery graphic card, Shona ... that washi tape is such fun! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete