Tuesday 8 April 2014

CASE Study #185

I don't usually get to make cards during the day but feel so horrible, the rest of my housework can wait!! It will still be waiting for me tomorrow I'm sure.

This card is so beautiful and simple, I really don't think I can make one to rival it. And people have submitted the most beautiful cards at CASE Study #185, especially ones with stunning flowers that are coloured so perfectly. I don't own any flower stamps at the moment so had another idea.
The red colour really stood out for me from the inspiration card, so wanted to try and use only that. So with that idea arose my lovely bunch of balloons where some of them are escaping! I thought I would have the balloons traveling up the right hand side like the flowers. And then just a simple sentiment. I thought of putting it along the bottom (like the inspiration card) but didn't want to stamp over my balloons. 

I don't know if this is how the balloon stamp works but I love how they have stamped darker on one side than the other, almost as if they have a highlight  on them. Makes them seem more round to me than just a flat red balloon shape. Very cool! I was going to cover them all with Wink of Stella but didn't want to ruin the shading.

The balloon stamp is from Simon Says Stamps 'Only have eyes for you' and the sentiment is from Kaisercraft 'You!' set. I just hand drew the balloon strings with my black gel pen and the 3 enamel dots are also from Kaisercraft.

I'm also going to link this card to a new challenge I found Addicted to Stamps. Their challenge #89 is for a 'CAS' card and I think this one will fit the bill.

Back to snuffling and nose blowing now. Homemade pizzas for dinner, nice and easy and then hopefully off to bed early. Funny how when the kids or my husband are sick they just go off to bed but when I'm sick, I still have to look after everyone else first before I can do that..how does that work?!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. Love those red balloons Shona. Great CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy card with all those red balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a card! I love all your bright red balloons, so fun and so very festive too. I totally understand what you mean about being sick, the mom/wife never gets to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those red balloons are a real stand out! You did a great job capturing the motion.. I can almost see them floating up up and away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those balloons Shona. Thank you so much for joining the fun at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete