Wednesday 2 April 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch # 70

Well, this card turned out to be so different to my normal cards and my very first 'masculine' card. 
This sketch did have me kind of stumped. I don't own a square die-cut so knew that wouldn't happen and I don't have any 'scene' stamps or could think of how to make a scene with the one's I have. I was thinking about using a sticker of some sort and found the perfect one!
No colour and no Wink of Stella but I really love it! I couldn't do the next smaller size die for the frame because the 'man' would have been squashed, so hopefully the challenge people will let me away with it.... And boy was it hard to cut the tiny pieces of foam tape for behind the glasses...what a nightmare! I think it worked out though having the frame flat and the 'man' popped up a little. I think he is quite handsome!

The striped background paper is from Teresa Collins 'You are my Happy' 6x6 pad, the sentiment from Hero Arts 'Year Round Sentiments' and the sticker 'man' is from October Afternoon 'Midway' Collection.

Was quite nice to do a more 'manly' card but so hard not to add a pop of colour here and there. Although, when you have a look at all the other cards linked to the challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch #70, they are all so colourful. My card might be standing out AGAIN for all the wrong reasons.......

Take care
Shona

 

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous and fun card! I love that stamp set you totally make it rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so had me smiling, Shona ... it's fun and so happy ... and what a perfect sentiment with that image! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This totally makes me smile! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, this is such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, seriously, Shona, if I were a judge, you would so be a winner!! This is sensational and so much fun!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete