Thursday 4 June 2020

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge

Hi everyone, it is absolutely pouring down while I type this. Its 4.30pm Thursday afternoon, extremely dark, wet and cold. Thank goodness for our log fire and my thick socks. Unfortunately my little craft corner is so cold, I feel the chill in my feet. We had insulation put under the whole house but it hasn't made any difference in my part. Think I might have to invest in a little heater to put under my desk instead of dragging my craft stuff over in front of the fire!!

I mentioned recently that I had been catching up on Jennifer McGuire's YouTube videos. She is one clever woman, coming up with new techniques all the time, making me wonder 'why didn't I think of that???'. One of her recent ones was about Die-Cut Masking Techniques. She showed how you can die-cut from masking paper and create all sorts of designs. I had a look through my dies and thought I would give it a go:


Masking and I have a bit of a 'love/hate' relationship, especially masking and stamping to create a scene. I usually get the aspect wrong and smudge other images. This one I thought would be a bit easier.....

I die-cut The Stamp Market 'Circle Card Cover Die' from Inkadinkado Masking Paper and pressed it down on a big piece of white CS. I was just going to blend one colour over the whole thing but I realised I could use all the extra pieces to mask and use different colours. So using a mix of Distress Oxide inks, masking and the odd bit of scrap paper I was able to colour each area separately. Its not perfect and took a long time but removing the mask at the end was magical!!!

I found this perfect sentiment (from The Stamp Market 'Just Wonderful') that I tried heat embossing with different metallic powders but I couldn't get a solid look. So I stamped it twice with Versafine Onyx ink and immediately clear heat emboss with Simon Says Stamp embossing powder.

After fussy cutting the sentiment I realised I could have die-cut it with a similar size circle die (will do that next time...). I used a slightly bigger circle die (from Couture Creations) to die-cut the panel. I adhered the panel to the card front and then put the die-cut piece back on white foam. I then did the same with the sentiment, along with Neat and Tangled sequins.

I'm linking this to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Create your own Background'.


I'm freezing cold so will gather up my colouring supplies and do that while sitting in front of the fire. I have no idea what to make for dinner. Our kitchen is only partly renovated so freezing cold as well, so don't really want to stand out there for long.....might be a Pizza Hut delivery type of evening.....

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Hope the pizza was good. Sorry it's so cold there, it's over 100 here today. Don't know the celsius equivalent but it's hot. Love this card must have been fun to see the big reveal, it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete