Friday 24 January 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - January New Release - Preview Day 4

Well its been another boiling hot day and I loved it!! And the next 10 days look just as hot, so I better invest in a big bucket of sunscreen!



Its been so much fun this week sharing all the new Funky Fossil Designs stamp sets being released tomorrow (Saturday 25th Jan) and we have one more to show you. Introducing 'Scandi Home':


This is one amazing set. I love anything to do with Scandinavian style and retro themes, so this is right up my alley. There are so many ways you can use the images to create patterns, borders etc or just use them on their own. I think this one will be a big hit!!

For my card I immediately knew I wanted to create a blue/white design and my MISTI was a godsend for this:


These images stamp so beautifully with a MISTI and I used Catherine Pooler ink 'Suede Shoes' to get the most amazing coverage!

I had no idea what my pattern would be but wanted the house to be central. So I grabbed an A5 piece of white CS and stamped the house in the middle. From there I played around with the arrangement, trying to make sure I was stamping the images in the same spot/angle on each side. Once I had finished I cut the panel down with my Tim Holtz Paper Trimmer.

Turns out I don't have any blue CS that matched this colour for the background, so simply blended the same ink along each edge of the card front. The panel was popped up on white foam, as well as the sentiment, and I glued on some blue sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I really hope you've enjoyed seeing all the new stamp sets as much as I've enjoyed sharing my cards with you. Don't forget to pop over to the Funky Fossil Designs Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team did with this set. And I'll see you back here to celebrate the release tomorrow!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Love how you arranged these scandi stamps. Blue was an excellent choice. Looks so clean & beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Shona this is stunning - love the blue and white together and your arrangement of the elements around the house is wonderful
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete