Monday 6 January 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post #1 for January 2020

Hi there everyone and welcome to my first CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Girl Friday post for 2020!!!!





I was going thru some old emails the other day and realised that in April I will have been a member of the CFS DT for 4 years!! That just blows my mind, as they say time flies when your having fun! I love being a part of this team and look forward to lots more adventures with them this year.

I've saw a few Valentines cards in a store yesterday, which was a shock as hasn't it just been Christmas?? But it got me thinking about making a lovey-dovey card for my husband as in April it will also be our 17th wedding anniversary. Still can't believe we haven't strangled each other......:



As usual this was a bit time-consuming but I caught up on some Louis Theroux documentaries while sticking this all together. If you haven't seen any of his series before I highly recommend it, he covers a huge range of 'taboo' topics and gets himself into all sorts of situations.

To start off I die-cut the Hearts A2 Panel Fri-die from white CS and adhered to the card front using Gina K Connect Glue. I then used the larger circle from the Ornament Tag Fri-die set with some light grey CS which was popped up on white foam.

For the hearts I used the Heart Board Fri-dies on some pastel paint chips and some silver glitter CS. To add a bit of dimension I cut an extra white CS large heart, 2 extra white hearts for the blue one, 3 extra white hearts for the pink one and so on, so each heart was slightly higher than the next. I used the same Gina K glue to put them all together and then glued into place.

All I had to do then was silver heat emboss the sentiment from the Ever After stamp set on the a strip of the same grey CS, pop it up on white foam and glue on some silver pearls from Studio Katia.




Really hope you like this card, one of my first for the year and that its given you a few ideas for creating some cards next month for Valentines Day. If you love the products I used, don't forget to use my special code in the CFS Store  to save yourself some money!!





Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you back here later in the month with some more CAS-ual Fridays Stamps goodness.

Take care
Shona







2 comments:

  1. I agree, those pastels and grey really make this care super special. Love the dimension that the cover plate and the focal heart seem to add.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Shona - love the way the paint chips have all worked nicely together :). We managed 43 years together before DH departed this planet, and the Big C got him, not me :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete