Thursday 23 January 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - January New Release - Preview Day 3

Hi there and hope your week is going well. I've been dreaming about card designs while sweating in many gardens this week. Just wish I could take a screen shot of my brain to remember the card ideas...wouldn't that be handy??


Its Day 3 of the Funky Fossil Designs New Release Previews and we have the most amazing and original stamp set to share with you. Introducing 'Adventure':





I've never seen images like these before and there are so many ways you can use them. For my card I had about a million ideas but settled on this rainbow pattern:


The great thing about the 'mountains/forest' stamp is that you can use it as one or use each side separately and there's nothing better than stretching out your supplies!!

My card was super simple to put together. Using my MISTI and Waffleflower inks I used the forest side of the stamp, stamping around the edge of the card front and overlapping as I went. When I was finished the middle of the card looked so cool but I was dying to use this sentiment as I totally agree with it. When I was a kid my Mum always said 'anyone who is bored is boring themselves' and it stuck in my head. I stamped it with Versafine Onyx ink on white CS and die-cut with a Uniquely Creative 'Cross-stitch Rectangle' die. This was popped on white foam along with Neat and Tangled sequins.

Don't forget to check out the Funky Fossil Designs Blog to check out what the rest of the Design Team created with this stamp set. I was blown away by their creativity!! And I'll be back here tomorrow to show off the last stamp set.

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Shona this is fabulous - love your 'rainbow' forest :)
    i often tole my offspring that "A bored person is a boring person"... now I am hearing it spoken to the next generation
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brain screen shots...how useful...and convenient. Don't slip on your own sweat. I think the use of these stamps on your card is so clever. It creates the best, colorful background. It's kind of genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever of use to use the trees this way, love your rainbow background! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete