Thursday 28 November 2019

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #149

Hello there!! Its been an incredibly warm and busy week, and I'm sitting here very angry with myself for not being more slap-happy with my sunblock!! The back of my neck and arms are so hot and sore, I'm sure I'll be glowing in the dark in bed tonight!!





For the current TIME OUT challenge we are wanting you to create projects for 'Celebrations', with the Optional Twist of 'One-Layer'. Your project could be for celebrating in general or you could choose a particular occasion, its totally up to you!!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Altenew and they are giving a $20 gift voucher to a random entry doing the 'Optional Twist'!





For my card I decided to go with the Optional Twist and create a one-layer design with lots of bright colour:


That bright pink is reminding me so much of my sunburn right now.......

This was so much fun to make as I have made hardly any cards since coming back from holiday and it was nice just to mess around.

I started by stamping the leaf images from Altenew 'Wallpaper Art' and sentiments from Altenew 'Celebrate' on a panel of watercolour CS using Versafine Onyx ink, stamping them a few times each and immediately heat embossing with SSS Clear embossing powder.

Now for the fun part!! Using a big round brush I spread water over the whole panel, making it really wet. I then touched areas of the panel with different coloured Distress Inks, adding more water to spread the colours. I added them wherever I wanted, drying with my heat gun and then adding more until I was happy with the colour.

Once it was dry all I had to do then was adhere it to the card front and glue on some pearls from Studio Katia.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


You have until Wednesday 4th December to link your projects to the TIME OUT  challenge and if your looking for some ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer Christine of Experiments in Craft have created for you. Look forward to seeing your projects in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is awesome Shona - love the fabulous colours :)
    You take care with that sunblock !! I saw a video at Waikato the other day (waiting for a friend I had taken to an appointment) and they were calling it dumburn - ouch!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. Reminds me of tie-dye. Nice to see something bright & beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous vibrant background, Shona ... so fun and celebratory with the black line art and silhouettes! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete