Sunday 24 November 2019

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post #1 for November

Hi everyone, so glad you could stop by!! Its been a whirlwind of a week since coming back from holiday. Have finally gotten thru the 1500 emails in my Inbox, everything is completely unpacked and accounted for and I'm having to turn people down with their weedy gardens. The good weather is in full swing and with only a five weeks till Christmas, there is a lot to do!!
 

After not making a single card for the past three weeks I was actually a little hesitant about creating this card for the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog but once I got going, I thoroughly enjoyed myself!!


Since my mojo was a little lacking, I decided the best place to start was with my favourite colour combo, light blue and white, and see where that took me.

I started by die-cutting the Trellis Cover Die from some blue CS. I decided that instead of taking out all the 'in-between' pieces I would leave some in, creating a little frame. I used glue tape behind the frame and Gina K Connect Glue around the rest of the die-cut and pressed on to the card front.

Next I used WOW 'Pastel Glacier Mint' Embossing Powder with the image from 'Angel Hugs' on white CS and fussy cut it out. This was popped up on foam tape. I then stamped the sentiment (from the same set) with Versafine Onyx ink and immediately heat embossed with SSS Clear Embossing Powder to make it shiny. The strip was also put on foam tape, along with some Studio Katia 'Prismatic Sky' pearls.


Hopefully this has given you a few ideas for all those background dies in your stash and if you have your heart set on buying the one I used, don't forget to use my special code to save yourself some money!!





Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you back here soon with loads of Christmas cards, which I desperately need!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Seems you're getting back into the swing of things pretty spectacularly. Love how this cover die looks especially with these sweet angels. See, you've forgotten nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie Shona - love your colours :)
    Whopee, I have been lent a computer until my replacement arrives, no matter how ling that takes!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete