Sunday 1 September 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Entry #3)

Its been one glorious weekend, with so much sunshine it feels like its almost Summer!! Its 1st Sept today which in New Zealand means its the first of Spring. This is one off my favourite times of year in the garden. Everything is starting to grow, the blossoms are coming out and it won't be long till Daylight Saving, so more time to spend in the garden. I'm sure we will still have some more cold days but at least the worst of Winter is over!





This is my 3rd entry for the current Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge and I'm always amazed by how many entries they get. It must be nearly a full time job doing all the commenting!!

I recently purchased some Studio Katia products, as I was extremely lucky to win two vouchers to their store. I can't believe they are now 3yrs old and still remember when their store opened and I purchased my first stamps. So glad to see them still going strong!!

For this card I combined some older colouring with a brand new stamp that is the perfect size for a card:


A LONG TIME AGO I stamped and coloured a panel for one of the 30 Day Colouring Challenges. The panel (plus one other) has been sitting waiting patiently to be made into a card and finally its dream came true!

The floral panel was stamped with images from Studio Katia 'Together We Bloom' using Gina K Amalgam black ink and coloured with Altenew Artist Markers. I die-cut the panel with a Studio Katia 'Stitched Creative Nesting Square' die. I cut a piece of green CS slightly smaller than the card front and adhered to the card. The floral panel was glued on top.

For the sentiment I die-cut a piece of plain vellum, using another size of the same die. I stamped the Studio Katia 'Its Your Birthday' sentiment with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Altenew 'Golden Peach' Embossing Powder. I was going to put it over the flowers but it didn't show very well. So I used a smaller size of the die set and cut a piece of light peach CS. I popped it up on a piece of white foam and then glued the vellum on top with Gina K Connect Glue, putting it behind the words. 

I finished it off by gluing on some Studio Katia 'Clear Sparkling Crystals' and Studio Katia 'Seafoam Pearls'.

Its Father's Day today in New Zealand and we are off out to dinner shortly. Not sure where we are going yet but anywhere where I don't have to cook or do the dishes afterwards is fine by me!!

Take care
Shona


2 comments:

  1. Personally, love the colors you've chosen. Think the card turned out beautifully especially with those gorgeous flowers you colored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Shona - love how you embossed on the vellum, and then backed it to 'clarify' the words.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete