Monday 16 September 2019

Reminder: The Flower Challenge #36

We are already up to the 15th of the month of September, which means its not only two weeks till Daylight Saving begins for us in New Zealand but also time to share another card with you for The Flower Challenge!!




The theme this month is 'Anything Goes' and we already have so many incredible projects in the Gallery!

Our Sponsor this month is My Favourite Things and they have generously given us two $25 vouchers, so there will be two winners this month!!


MFT were also very generous with the DT giving us a chance to use a voucher to purchase products for this challenge. I was able to get three stamp sets, I used two of them last week so I'm using the other one today:

 

 Funny how sometimes it takes me forever to make one card but every now and then I find it easier to make two!! This is such a beautiful stamp, I was going to colour it but decided to get a bit funky and use it as is and include some colour blocking. 

I started off by stamping the MFT Stamps 'Fresh Cut Flowers Background' stamp using Versafine Onyx ink on white CS and immediately clear heat embossed with SSS embossing powder. I did this twice and fussy cut out each one.

For the backgrounds I cut a panel of yellow and pink CS and also two panels of black CS which were slightly larger. I adhered them together so two black edges were showing. I put them on pieces of white foam, one from the bottom left and one from the top right. 

Using Gina K Connect Glue I glued the flower images in place. I then white heat embossed the sentiments (from MFT Stamps 'Sassy Pants Best Friends') on strips of black CS and put them on foam tape. To finish off I glued on some pearls from Studio Katia.

You have until Wednesday 25th September to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and if your needing a few ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you. Hope you have a chance to join us this month!!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. What stunning cards Shona - love the contrast of the plain stamping against the vibrant colours. Great sentiments too :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design elements on both cards plus one is yellow (wink). The colors are fab as a background to the gorgeous floral and the sentiments are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty...I like the way you designed these with the colour on the bkg.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not one but two amazing cards I see Shona! both equally stunning colours too, love them both ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete