Saturday 21 September 2019

Exciting News!!!!!

Hi everybody!! I've had a busy few weeks getting myself organised with products, cards and watermarks and today I get to tell you all about it!! 


My friend Sarah owns Funky Fossil Designs. She was originally selling stencils only but a few months ago she collaborated with an artist to start selling stamp sets. I fell in love with them and have shared lots of cards with you from each release.  Well, she emailed me a few weeks ago to say she was putting together a small Design Team and invited me to join.....how could I say no!! I'm honoured and excited to be a part of this amazing team and can't wait to share even more of her products with you!

For this announcement we all decided to share a few cards with you. I recently received some of the latest release stamps and stencils, so wanted to use them straight away:


This card uses images from the new 'Woodland Wishes' stamp set. I stamped the fox and the trees (x4) using Gina K Amalgam Black ink on white CS, coloured with my Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cut out. I blended Distress Ink 'Salty Ocean' on the card front for the sky and then adhered the tree's, trying not to cover up any of the branches. To make the fox stand out I die-cut a piece of plaint vellum using a Couture Creations circle die, glued it to the card front and put the fox on foam tape. I then finished off with a white heat embossed sentiment (also on foam tape) and a few Studio Katia 'Arctic Breeze' Pearls.


For this card I put the 'Elegant Tree' stencil over the card front and blended Waffle Flower 'Happy Go Lucky' over top. With it still in place I used a palette knife to spread over Nuvo Glimmer Paste in 'Moonstone'. While this dried I stamped the angel from the 'Folksy Christmas' stamp set with Gina K Amalgam Black ink on white CS. I coloured her with Altenew Artist Markers and then fussy cut out, making sure to keep her 'halo' attached. I popped her up on foam tape, along with the white heat embossed sentiment, and finished off with some Neat and Tangled sequins.

Sarah is celebrating this announcement even more by giving us all a Discount Code to share with you. Mine is FFSHONA15 and will give you 15% off your purchase from now until midnight Monday 23rd September!!

It takes a lot of courage to set up a craft business that's up against so many other larger craft companies. I really admire Sarah for doing this and doing something that she loves. I'm so excited to be a part of all this and if you pop over to the Funky Fossil Blog you can read about the other incredible card makers in the team.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'm looking forward to sharing more with you!

Take care
Shona

6 comments:

  1. These are stunning cards - as always! I am so excited to have you on the DT for Funky Fossil xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous makes Shona. I think we have the makings of a fabulous Design Team and I'm looking forward to working with you. Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Shona on being a member of the Funky Fosil design team.
    Your cards are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah must be over the moon that you agreed to be on her DY. Both these cards are perfect examples of why you were asked. They're beautiful. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Shona - I ma not surprised that you were invited to be on the Design Team - a well deserved recognition, and a pair of wonderful cards to start with
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete