Thursday 13 June 2019

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #137

Hi there everybody!! Sorry I haven't been around much lately, I've been so busy with work and all sorts of other things that by the time I finally sit down its so late and I'm too sleepy to craft. Hopefully once I'm up to date with a few things it will slow down. And I've decided that this weekend I'm going to spend one day just making cards, I don't care if its sunny outside, I'll ignore my overgrown garden and just do it!!





Our theme for the current TIME OUT challenge is 'Nature' and you also have the optional twist of 'one-layer'. And with so many stamps around with butterflies, birds, flowers etc, I'm sure you'll come up with some gorgeous projects.

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Uniko. They are giving a stamp set to someone chosen from the people who created with the 'optional twist'. So get twisting!!

 
Myself, along with other TIME OUT DT members, was very lucky to be sent a stencil by Bev (Uniko owner) to use for this challenge. Its fantastic and I don't have anything like it, so I'm very happy and grateful indeed. This is what I created:

 
I finally purchased a cheap photography lightbox a few weeks ago and its fabulous. This photo was taken at night which I could never do before!!

I gathered some Distress Oxide ink colours and my mini-blending tool to use on the Uniko 'Stencil and Mask - Nature's Treasures II'. It has two leaf images so I alternated using different parts of them around the edge of the card front, not worrying about leaves overlapping.

I wanted to keep the rest of the card black and white so the background colours would be the star. I stamped the largest butterfly from Uniko 'English Country Garden - Butterflies' stamp set with Versafine black ink on white CS and fussy cut it out. I also stamped the sentiment (from the same set) on a strip of white CS and both of these were popped up on foam tape. I then glued on a few Neat and Tangled sequins for a bit of shine.

You have until Wednesday 19th June to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and if your needing any help with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer Lise of Lise Mariann - Paper, Colour and Good Times have created to inspire you. Can't wait to see what you all come up with!!

Take care
Shona
 

9 comments:

  1. I am with you on not being around so much! This card really lifts the spirits-full of vibrant colours-love it and great way to use the butterfly stamp-keeping it white lets us not be too distracted from the background x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hardwork has paid off splendidly. Your card is so colorful...perfect backdrop for the gorgeous black & white butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Shona - I am back, and loving seeing what you have created here. I have borrowed a pile of dies from a friend, so will be die cutting for most of tomorrow, and making sure I package and label the die cuts so I know what I am using later on!!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Shona!! Hope you are having your well-deserved crafty day today! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, the colours are wonderful and the contrast you create with the black and white butterfly compliments them really well. I have this stencil and you have just given me an idea. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a striking colour combination and fabulous blending. One stand out card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely stencilling of these lovely leaves in such gorgeous colours, Shona ... the monochrome butterfly sits amidst them so beautifully! Love that we both did anti-colouring in such a different way ... great minds! Hope you enjoyed your day of creating! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I LOVE the fabulous stenciling on this!!! The use of the color behind the black and white butterfly makes it POP right off the card. GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is incredibly GORGEOUS! I LOVE the colors you used and the way you placed the stencil all around the perimeter. Then placing the black and white butterfly in the middle of all of that awesome color is genius. I could not love this more.

    ReplyDelete