Hi everybody, the middle of June has come up on me so quickly. This past week was the first 5-day gardening week I've had for months. Between rain, sick kids, teacher only days and teacher strike days I've had more days at home than I planned but was nice to spend time with the kids and get a lot of housework done!!
I'm popping in today to remind you about our current theme at The Flower Challenge.
Its all about the backgrounds this month, especially stamping which includes heat embossing. Lots of gorgeous entries already, going to be very hard to choose my favourites!!
We have a Guest Designer this month, the lovely Deepti of Dee's Art Utopia. She makes such beautiful cards and she also designs stamp sets for Stamplorations under 'Dee's Artsy Impressions'.. She is also giving one of her stamp sets to the winner of this challenge, so I wanted to use one of the sets I have to show you how fabulous they are:
I hadn't done any watercolouring for quite a while, so its was wonderful sitting and painting while watching a movie. What would I do without Netflix?!!
To start off I cut a panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS to fit the card front. I then stamped the flowers from Dee's Artsy Impressions 'Blooming Buds' in Versamark ink and white heat embossed. I wanted to have pink flowers but not all the same shade, so the base for each flower is Distress Ink 'Worn Lipstick', 'Spun Sugar' and 'Picked Raspberry'. I then used some slightly darker shades to create the depth in the flower petals.
Once this was dry I thought it was a bit bare. I was a bit worried about painting a blue background. When I colour images with Altenew Artist Markers, I sometimes go around the outside line with a blue marker. I decided to do this with the flowers and it looked horrible!! I was so upset and didn't want to waste all my painting so I decided to use Distress Ink 'Tumbled Glass' to watercolour the background. And it worked!! The blue line makes the flowers stand out more and I'm happy with the blue painting too. When it was dry I adhered to the card front.
To finish off I stamped the sentiment (from the same stamp set) with Versafine black ink on white CS, backed with a piece of pink CS and popped up on foam tape, along with some Neat and Tangled sequins.
So happy with how this turned out, wish it didn't take so long to make so I could mass produce and send to so many lovely friends!!
You have until Tuesday 25th June to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and if your still needing some ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team created just for you. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!