Friday 10 May 2019

Winnie and Walter April Colour Combo Challenge with Heather

Its been yet another outstanding Autumn day, how I wish these days would last all through Winter!! I certainly can't remember walking around in shorts and a t-shirt in May last year or any other May for that matter. Global warming is definitely a thing!!





Heather has a fantastic colour combo for the Winnie and Walter Colour Combo Challenge , its all about white and other natural shades. I love nothing more than crisp, white cardstock and as grey is one of my favourite colours for everything at the moment, I definitely wanted to play along:


I decided to stick with shades of grey against a white background, and for once I didn't manage to smudge anything on the white (I'm a very clumsy crafter......).

I used the Winnie and Walter 'hi' die on some dark grey CS, along with two more from white CS. I glued these all together with Gina K Connect Glue and popped on foam tape.

The flower (from W&W 'In Bloom: Addie's Garden') was white heat embossed on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS and watercoloured with a Zig Real Color Brush pen and water brush. Once it had dried I fussy cut it out and put on some foam tape.

The sentiment (from W&W 'The Big, the Bold and Happy') was white heat embossed on some lighter grey CS and put on foam tape, along with some clear and pearl white sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'For a Special Lady'. I made this card with one special lady in mind and it will be winging its way across the world very soon for her birthday!!



And will also join the AAA CAS Card Challenge #139 where they have a sketch which helped my design along too.


 Once again I've written this post as dinner is being prepared and I can hear my oven timer reminding me not to burn the food. I can't wait to go to bed tonight, its been such a busy week. Just found out that Season 5 of Schitts Creek is on Netflix, so will be cuddling up in bed with my iPad and a block of chocolate tonight.....heaven!

Take care
Shona

6 comments:

  1. Oh Shona what an exquisite card - this is amazing!! Well done on a mini masterpiece. Enjoy the chocolate and movie in bed :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my grey-loving heart just skipped a beat, or three! A favorite die, too? You may have just made my day, Shona - thank you!! An exquisite creation... xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I'm a grey nut this appeals to me on all levels. Sophisticated, elegant and perfectly done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Shona! Such a gorgeous card. Love the large hi sentiment and beautifully colored flower. Amazing for our challenge at AAA Cards. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look so cool in those monotone shades. Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your nightly routine!! And I love your shades of gray card, Sho! I have that fun HI die and I totally love how you dotted the i with a beautiful flower. This is going in my to-CASE folder! Enjoy the beautiful fall weather and thank you for the visit! I'm pulling for you to get that Playhouse!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete