Wednesday 8 May 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Entry #2

I had so much fun over the weekend playing with my new alcohol inks. Now I need all the colours and would like to try out the normal alcohol inks (these are the Pearl ones) to see what the difference is. After seeing so many cards over the months with so many techniques for these inks, I feel like I need to lock myself away somewhere for a week to try them all out!





The current theme for the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge is 'Happy Birthday'. It finishes in a couple of hours and I've already linked two cards today but I have one more to show you, this time using the green and blue inks together that came in the SSS May Card Kit:


The kit not only has two panels of white Yupo paper but it also has two panels of the new silver glitter Yupo paper. I really wanted to see what it would be like and it didn't disappoint:

 
 It was so hard to capture the shimmer on camera but in real life, along with the pearl ink it looks incredible, especially in the sun.

When I added the green and blue inks I put them randomly on the paper and dropped only a little of the blending solution but I kept adding drops of blue to the same spot. This caused the colour to be so vibrant and love how it turned out. Obviously there are MANY things I need to learn about using this ink and will now be able to watch all those YouTube videos again and actually taking notice!!

Once the panel had dried I used a stitched oval die from Studio Katia. I also used the larger one on a piece of turquoise CS. These were glued to each other and then to the card front.

The SSS 'Picture Book Seahorse' comes in three parts. I die-cut them all from white CS and then heat embossed the spine and side flipper 2x with Ranger Silver embossing powder. I then used Gina K Connect Glue to hold them in place and put the seahorse on some foam tape. 

The sentiment from Your Next Stamp 'Happy Day Mermaids' was stamped with Catherine Pooler 'Aquatini' ink on white CS and popped on foam tape, along with some Neat and Tangled sequins.

I really want to go to bed but I have so many things to do. Being sick has put me so behind with EVERYTHING - work, card making, emails, housework etc, I'm finding it hard to catch up. Thank goodness I haven't had to do this each year, not being sick for four years has its perks and fingers crossed it works out like that again!

Take care
Shona

2 comments:

  1. Everytime I look at this it gets better and better. Love the alcohol ink background that becomes the perfect home for this awesome little seahorse. What you've done to embellish him is marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this wonderful card Shona, and well done on purchasing the kit, and enjoying the alcohol inks - you have used them amazingly on this card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete