Friday 14 December 2018

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge

Its been raining yet again here, so have just whipped up another 160 Christmas Cowpat Cookies and thought I would share with you some more of the Christmas cards I created over the last few weeks.





The theme for this weeks Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge is 'Christmas', so its a perfect time to show off the cards we've all made to post out this year!!

These cards were made using one of my favourite new sets this year, which is probably glad that I've finished using it at this stage so it can have a rest...:
 

These took a bit of time to stamp and die-cut but found using the same colours in different combinations made for a quicker card creation!!

I started off by grabbing my MISTI and the SSS Stamptember set with Gina K Designs 'Joy of the Season'. Using dye inks from Hero Arts and Waffle Flower I stamped the images (2x each for good coverage) on white CS, making sure I had different colours for each image. I then used the matching dies to cut them all out.

I wanted to give the images a good backing but not too much white, so I cut strips of grey CS and popped them up on strips of white foam. The snowflakes were glued on top using Gina K Connect Glue and the reindeer put on foam tape. I then finished them off by gluing on some sequins from Neat and Tangled and covering the small snowflakes in Wink of Stella.  Here are some photos of each card:






I'm also going to link these cards to the SSS Flickr Challenge #112 where the theme is 'Diecutting'.

And will also link to The Cats Pajamas Tuesday Challenge #352 where their theme is 'Winter Holidays'.


All of my Christmas cards were posted two weeks ago so hopefully they will make it in time for Christmas around the world but if not, they will be a nice surprise for the New Year. I'm hoping that I can fit in a 2hr gardening job this afternoon because if not, I will have to do it on Sunday morning as I have no spare time next week. Please cross your fingers and toes for a respite from the rain very soon!!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Good morning.
    It is currently morning of Japan time 14th.
    Christmas As "Chapproached, the town became gorgeous".
    Christmas song flows, and a roadside tree is displayed with gorgeous neon.
    I am excited just to walk the town. "
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great cards Shona - I only posted my cards this week, including my overseas ones, so you are not on your own :).
    We have had fine mornings, and then the afternoon clouds over and we have thunder rumbling for hours and some rain... The vegetables are growing well!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief girl, do you ever sit down...I seriously doubt it. Cookies and cards...what a great combo. I love that you used the grey to enhance your images. This design is really a winner, it works so well for multiples. Hope you and your crew have a wonderful Christmas and a exceptional New Year.

    ReplyDelete