Thursday 13 December 2018

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #124

Hi everybody!! Sorry its been so quiet on my blog, I've had hardly any time to make cards and when I do I'm so exhausted from work I tend to go to sleep instead. Once Christmas has arrived and I have a two week break I'll be back in the 'card making' business!!





Our challenge theme at TIME OUT is 'Joyful'. Christmas immediately comes to mind for me but there are many different reasons to be joyful, so use whatever one you like to create your project!!

We are very lucky to have Uniko as the Sponsor for this challenge and they are giving the winner a stamp set of their choice!!


As I'm still up to the eyeballs with Christmas cards, presents etc I definitely felt I needed to make a Christmas card for this one. I wanted clean, bright and graphic, so this is what I came up with:


This didn't take too long to put together and I even used some stamps that have never been 'inked up' before, so it was a win-win!

First of all I had to get the 'candy-cane like' stamp from Winnie and Walter 'Holiday Trimmings' straight on my MISTI. Thank goodness it has grid lines on the lid to help with that. I then stamped it on the card front using Altenew 'Crimson' ink and just moving the card up each time.

I then die-cut the Altenew 'Caps Bold Alphabet dies' from a red paint chip and twice more from white CS and glued them all together. Once I worked out where they would sit on the card I then stamped the rest of the sentiments from Winnie and Walter 'In Bloom: Frenchy's Festive Florals with Angelica Suarez' in between the red strips. All I had to do then was glue on the die-cuts and sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Christmas'.

 

You have until Wednesday 19th December to link your projects to the TIME OUT
challenge and if your needing any help with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our amazing Guest Designer Chrissie of Simply One of a Kind have created to inspire you. Looking forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

4 comments:

  1. superb stamping-is perfect and you chose the sentiment perfectly to fit this pattern. You sure got the graphic look you were going for and it looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE THIS FABULOUS CARD! The graphic vibe is a huge draw for me...and it looks so much like peppermint that I want to take a lick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vibrant, graphic and so festive, Shona ... those candy cane stripes are deliciously fun! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need that candy cane stamp - what a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete