Saturday 15 December 2018

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge #2

Just home from Saturday morning tennis with Max and ready to go to Nelson for the day. Unfortunately Dave and Phoebe had fallen back asleep so I'm ready to go and no-one else is, so what a better time to show you more of my Christmas cards!!





The theme for this weeks Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge is Christmas and boy oh boy are there a lot of incredible cards linked up!!

My cards came about from a prize I won a few months ago from Kathy Racoosin when I came third in the Colour Challenge (Beginners category). She sent me a goody bag full of all sorts of products and this die was one of them:
 

Aren't these just the cutest!!!!! There are so many things you can do with these dies, not just Santa. I got the idea for these from the inspiration photos with the dies on the Paper Smooches Website. by Alice Wertz. I made a big batch of these all at once and was so much fun to not do any stamping!!

I started off by die-cutting the beard from the bottoms of the white card bases. I then die-cut the hat from red CS and the moustache, eyes, eyebrows, hat band and pom-pom from white CS. I managed to find some pinky/skin-colour CS that has a shimmer to it for the nose and cheeks. And for some I did the eyes from black CS as I couldn't decide which I liked more.

After gluing them all on I added Wink of Stella to the pom-pom and the cheeks. And on the inside of the card (which I forgot to take a photo of....) I stamped 'Get your Santa on' from MFT Stamps 'Christmas Cuteness'. I can't wait to play around with these dies some more to see what other characters I can come up with!!

I'm also going to link these to The Cats Pajamas Tuesday Challenge #352 where their theme is 'Winter Holidays'.


And will also join the SSS Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Warm Winter Wishes'.



Sounds like we are ready to hit the road. Luckily the weather is warm but cloudy so it won't be a hot drive. Looking forward to hitting the shops (Nelson is a city compared to our little town) and will also be going to the trampoline park to burn off some energy (and calories). Should be a fabulous day!!

Take care
Shona


 

3 comments:

  1. Hope that was a successful shopping trip. These are darling. How lucky are you to get such an adorable die and one that makes more than one figure. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such fun cards--great prize!

    ReplyDelete