Thursday 2 November 2017

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge # 95

Hi there everyone!! Its been a very warm week here and I even got my first sunburn of the season yesterday, which seems a bit early for the beginning of November but I will take sun whenever I can get it!!

I'm just wanting to remind you about our current challenge at TIME OUT.  We have a challenge with a twist for you:


                    SYMPATHY with optional twist of Distressing

The 'Distressing' could be the use of Distress Inks, distressing the papers i.e. ripping, sanding etc or maybe distressing over your design!! Its totally up to you!

The Sponsor for this challenge is Happy Little Stampers and they are giving the winner of this challenge a $15 gift voucher to their store!!







For my card I really wanted to concentrate on Distress Inks and create some rich, blended colours. I also wanted to keep it super simple as I hardly ever make Sympathy cards and find them incredibly difficult to do:


I started by cutting a panel of watercolour CS and heat embossing this floral image from Altenew 'Blooming Bouquet' in white. I then grabbed my Distress Inks 'Peacock Feathers', 'Mermaid Lagoon' and 'Salty Ocean' and used my mini-blending tool to add them to the panel, going over and over the colours to make them super saturated.

Once I was happy with the colours, I used a waffle-edged frame die from My Favourite Things 'Blueprints 27' and then adhered to the card front. I wanted to keep the sentiment very simple, so stamped 'with sympathy' from Simon Says Stamp 'Flower Friend' with black ink on a strip of white CS and popped on foam tape. And added some clear sequins for some subtle shine from Neat and Tangled.


You have until Wednesday 8th November to link your projects to the TIME OUT  challenge and if your needing any help with design ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer Sue from Sue's Card Craft have created for you. Look forward to seeing your cards in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona



 

 

5 comments:

  1. my goodness Shona, this blending is stunning, it is perfect....I even zoomed in to see the perfection! Wow hon, I remember when you used to steer clear of doing this and now you are a super star at it (I am still steering clear if it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Shona! I'm with Sandie...this is stunning and oh so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Shona! I should try this look with some of my larger flower cluster stamps -the white heat embossing looks stunning and I love your inking! Thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blending, Shona ... you know I'm going to love those gorgeous hues ... they're fabulous with the white embossing! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Shona... the blended colors are fabulous, and the white embossing stands out so beautifully on top of it. Love the scalloped edges too. A wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete