Saturday 11 November 2017

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - November Release

Hello there and welcome to a very special November Release at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!! We have two new sets to show you today, one that everyone has been asking for and another that Michele couldn't wait to show you!!

Introducing Sugar Plum Fairy:





The extremely popular floral ballerina's have been given a Christmas theme, with a snowflake tutu and tiara. I've always loved the snowflake tree and the 'Night Before Christmas' worded Christmas tree is genius!!

And also introducing Ballerina Fri-Dies: 




So many people have asked for these dies that Michele just had to create them!! No more fiddly fussy-cutting for the ballerina cuties!!

For my card I wanted to try using the snowflake tree image in a different way, it was a bit of a risk but I'm really happy with the final design:

 
Silver, blue and white....my favourite Christmas card colour combo!! This took a bit of time to blend and heat emboss but was so worth it!

I started by cutting a panel of watercolour CS the same size as the card front. Then using my MISTI, I stamped and heat embossed the snowflake tree along both top and bottom of the panel, using silver embossing powder. Using a mini-blending tool I started at the bottom of the trees with Distress Inks 'Salty Ocean', then 'Mermaid Lagoon' and finishing with 'Peacock Feathers', blending only around the tree itself. Once the trees were finished I used 'Salty Ocean' again and very gently blended over the areas between the trees.

After drying the panel with a heat gun, I die-cut the ballerina from the middle. I put the tree panel over the top of the card front so I could stamp the Sugar Plum Fairy in the middle of the die-cut area and then heat emboss it with silver powder. The panel was then popped up using foam tape. I also silver heat embossed the sentiment on a strip of white CS and put that on foam tape as well, along with some blue and clear sequins from Neat and Tangled.

These two new sets are available today and would be so perfect for your Christmas cards. If your planning on purchasing them or any other CAS-ual Fridays Stamps products, don't forget to use my special Girl Friday code to save yourself 15%!!




I'm going to link this card to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge as their theme is 'Snow White' and my card is covered in snowflakes!!

 

I hope you love these new sets as much as I do and don't forget to pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog to see what the rest of the Girl Fridays have created with these new goodies!!

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic design elements on this card...the window ballerina, the ink blending (wow!), the silver embossing. It all combines for one exceptional creation. Just a fabulous effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute card and design, luv the background and fun image! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete