Monday 23 October 2017

AAA Card Challenge # 101 - Second Entry

We are having a lovely Monday off in New Zealand today (Labour Day) and have just been at the skatepark with Max for an hour, catching up on nearly a years worth of magazines I haven't gotten round to reading yet. Poor Phoebe is sick with a cold so her day off isn't very exciting but she's binge watching Teen Wolf so Netflix is keeping her happy!!





After my first entry for the current AAA Cards Challenge I just had to come back with another. Its so much fun turning stamp images into something else and I tell you, this particular stamp has been extra fabulous with her different personalities of late:

 
Doesn't the Plant Lady stamp from Ellen Hutson make the most amazing Pennywise the Clown???? It took a bit of fiddling with only stamping part of the image and then some drawing by me, which I'm not too good at but I think it turned out pretty good!!

I started by stamping the lady image on some white CS. I only inked up to where her hair met the bottom of the hat, which required a fit of wiping to remove the ink from those areas sometimes. I was then able to grab a fine point pen and draw in the rest of her head and all that fabulous red hair (which I coloured with a red marker). The original Pennywise has quite a few ruffles around his neck but I decided to do only one as my art skills are seriously lacking.

Looking at pictures of Pennywise I realised he was wearing a yellow suit with red pom poms (similar to Ronald McDonald) under a multi coloured jacket. So I decided to go with the simple option and coloured the outfit with a yellow pencil. With the fine pen I created a much larger mouth with sharp teeth, evil eyebrows and bigger, scarier eyes. For the pom poms down the front and his nose, I used Nuvo Crystal Drops in White and coloured them with a red marker when they were dry.

Using a mini-blending tool I created a grey background with Mama Elephant 'Smoke' ink. I wanted to show him popping out of a hole, so I used an oval die from Studio Katia with some black CS, cut a slit through the middle with a craft knife and then put on foam tape. I fussy cut him out and adhered him thru the slit, with foam tape under his body for support. The balloon (from Whimsy Stamps 'Happy Everything') was stamped twice with red ink and then fussy cut out, creating a string from the CS itself. This was put on foam tape as well behind his hand.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches 'Chubby Chums' and I glued on a few half-beads in black for extra embellishment. 

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this one???!!

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is:




I better go and check on Phoebe and make sure she's still ok. The joys of having a fever when its such a hot day!!! Look forward to all your comments, will have to see what other horror movies I can create cards for......eeekkk!!

Take care
Shona

 

7 comments:

  1. I would have never realized it was made using that lady stamp. Awesome job and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How you turned that sweet Plant Lady into the horrific Pennywise is beyond me but you've certainly succeeded. You may singlehandedly bring terror to New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful crisp card and great film choice. Thanks for joining in with the AAA Cards Inspired by a Film Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so bad...just love all your incredibly spooky Halloween cards. Love your twisted way of looking at Halloween (hope you don't mind me saying your a bit twisted)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Shona! I would never have recognised the Ellen Plant Lady stamp! Wow! I had to google Pennywise and your card has turned out brilliantly! So creative! Well done! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, I would have never know that was the plant lady stamp, how creative! thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete